Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 07-19-2007, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Ivey Crushing Aba Now

BT,

"who is nick anderson"

Exactly.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:41 AM

wow that was a sick match, sb could never get anything going it was fun to watch
Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 AM

nick anderson,

also the first player ever drafted by the magic.

lots of "interesting" trivia about nick anderson.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:45 AM

"Anderson is well known for his role in sports psychology. After missing four pivotal free throws in the 1995 NBA Championships that led to the defeat of the Orlando Magic by the Houston Rockets, Anderson developed a psychological problem that greatly affected his free throw shooting. His free throw percentage dipped sharply and dropped to 40% at one point. He had developed a fear of shooting free throws as a result of his belief that his missed free throws in the NBA Finals caused the Magic to lose. This was an anomaly as he was considered to be a great shooter. After the help of sports psychologists, Anderson improved his free throw shooting but showed signs of his fear again during the last year of his NBA career."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Anderson
Old 07-19-2007, 03:06 AM

Check Steve Sax throwing to first base as well. Or Dale Murphy who converted from catcher because he couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher(!) Unless I'm thinking of a differnt catcher -> outfielder. Hmmmmm.
Old 07-19-2007, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check Steve Sax throwing to first base as well. Or Dale Murphy who converted from catcher because he couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher(!) Unless I'm thinking of a differnt catcher -> outfielder. Hmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

This probably didn't make it into wikipedia, but it happened to me too.

I had been on the top level team in baseball when I was 14 and at the A-team tryouts when I was 15 I thought I did very well, but didn't make the A team. During the tryouts for the B team something went very wrong and I couldn't throw the ball. I was throwing it right into the ground some of the time. I didn't make any team that year. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 03:43 AM

Mackey Sasser, Chuck Knoblauch and the guy the "syndrome" is named after, Steve Blass, all had the same problem. Anyone who's ever been a serious golfer and developed the yips can empathize.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Look, is this any surprise to anyone? We all know Brian used to be a good player, but after his hand vs. Bobby and this session vs. Phil, it's pretty clear that he doesn't have it anymore. Same thing has happened to so many guys who briefly did very well at poker. It's clear that the game has passed Brian by and there's a new generation of poker pros like KRANTZ, whitelime, and FWF who are redefining the rules of how to win at high stakes. I don't really see any purpose to even bother with any more aba sweat threads. Let's focus on new guys like KRANTZ who are actually relevant players in the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

aba = nick anderson of the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i used to live in atlanta i hung out with nick anderson a few times, pretty cool guy, he seems to have gotten over the free throw thing and seems to still have millions from what ive seen of his cars and house
Old 07-19-2007, 04:28 AM

Man, I just woke up, get into work and read this.

What a day!!

So cliff notes are Brian loses to the pro's and wins off the fish. And this makes him 'the best' how? Isn't that what 95% of poker players do, win off the worse players to give to the better ones.

SBrugby is over
Old 07-19-2007, 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Look, is this any surprise to anyone? We all know Brian used to be a good player, but after his hand vs. Bobby and this session vs. Phil, it's pretty clear that he doesn't have it anymore. Same thing has happened to so many guys who briefly did very well at poker. It's clear that the game has passed Brian by and there's a new generation of poker pros like KRANTZ, whitelime, and FWF who are redefining the rules of how to win at high stakes. I don't really see any purpose to even bother with any more aba sweat threads. Let's focus on new guys like KRANTZ who are actually relevant players in the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm posts are getting kind of old...