Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-17-2007, 06:34 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I think it would be nice if all PT users shared the same hand history database. This probably would make it more of a subscription service, but that way you'd rarely encounter a player without any stats...
Old 07-17-2007, 08:08 AM

Yes and AFAIK it would also break all the terms and conditions of the pokers sites and be banned. So i think that is a non starter.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker". PokerTracker is number one for a reason, and it has nothing to do with getting to the market first. There is well known competition, but yet PT continues to exist. Not only exist, but thrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate. It does no good to say something like that without backing it up. I own both PT and PAHUD and like everyone else trying to decide which route to go.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker". PokerTracker is number one for a reason, and it has nothing to do with getting to the market first. There is well known competition, but yet PT continues to exist. Not only exist, but thrive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate. It does no good to say something like that without backing it up. I own both PT and PAHUD and like everyone else trying to decide which route to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Once the new generation of PT is released, it will be quite obvious what the issues are and I'm confident PT will remain the software of choice for the majority of poker players.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM

just curious how come Pat hasn't posted in this topic or gave any hints at all ?

I really hope the new PT & Pokerace are going to live up to this "hype" (and hopefully soon)
i really dont want to have to switch to something new, cause I love PT and pokerace
Old 07-17-2007, 04:10 PM

Fixing the ridiculous lag with pahud on ftp would be a good start...
Old 07-17-2007, 04:32 PM

I have created my own Bankroll Management Add-on to PT.

It could do with some streamlining, but this would be a great inclusion to the software package, and is another feature that no-one else has,

If you would like any advice on this please PM me. It has quite comprehensive features, but you could probably take the ideas and run with them

Look forward to the software anyway.
Old 07-17-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better.

Once the new generation of PT is released, it will be quite obvious what the issues are and I'm confident PT will remain the software of choice for the majority of poker players.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is going to create so much hype it's silly. A poker manager can only do so much -- I hope you're aware of that.

The mistake I see is that customers expect results not hype in this market. That is why we're so curious as to what's happening with the new PT.

Just look at the HM thread. It started less than a month ago and it has nearly 60 pages.

The PT thread on the other hand is just inching past 10 pages.

HM is producing results
PT is producing hype
Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fixing the ridiculous lag with pahud on ftp would be a good start...

[/ QUOTE ]

FTP has admitted their software has problems that are causing the lag. They claim they will be fixed sometime in the next couple of months.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will not discuss the issues I see because I do not want help the competition make their product better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This comment is going to create so much hype it's silly. A poker manager can only do so much -- I hope you're aware of that.

The mistake I see is that customers expect results not hype in this market. That is why we're so curious as to what's happening with the new PT.

Just look at the HM thread. It started less than a month ago and it has nearly 60 pages.

The PT thread on the other hand is just inching past 10 pages.

HM is producing results
PT is producing hype

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker and PokerAce Hud have been producing results for years now. HM has been around two days.

I think I've proven myself capable of making quality software and backing it up with good support. This is not a pet project for me, this is my job, my livelihood. I'm not making claims I can't backup. Time will tell.

Also, what difference does it make if the HM thread has 60 pages? It was around before this one and is really a different type of thread (it has a lot of bug reporting posts). Kind of silly to compare the two.