Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Was I cheated?

set up hands would be better than 26,48 39. Really seems like an unshuffled deck. Like you cracked two decks, shuffled the first, then dealt the second w/out shuffling it.

Although w/e, if they're cheating for 20 bucks from friends they're morons anyway and capable of awful handrigging.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
set up hands would be better than 26,48 39. Really seems like an unshuffled deck. Like you cracked two decks, shuffled the first, then dealt the second w/out shuffling it.

Although w/e, if they're cheating for 20 bucks from friends they're morons anyway and capable of awful handrigging.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I flat called and the turn brough a low spade. He fired $10 and I thought for a while and called. At this point I put him on 8-9, A-K, and mostly likely an A or K of clubs. I suspected that he had a higher flush, since my 9 high was vulnerable. The river brought a meaningless card and he checked. I figured there was no point in betting as I was worried about a check-raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome analysis here.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:14 PM

I want to thank you all for your feedback and insight. This is not a joke post--it did happen. Many of you had valuable input and some of you provided no help whatsoever other than call me stupid. I'm actually a profitable player with the desire to get better each day. I don't appreciate the unnecessary insults--another thing wrong with today's game. If nothing else, let me be 'that guy' that made a $20 mistake which could save you much more. I was naive to think that a 'friend' wouldn't pull this kind of crap, but at the same time when you are dealing with money and the desire to win anything is possible. If anyone has read 'Ace on the River' they would recall an incident where he was cheated and lost his bankroll. Don't let this be you! Here are the mistakes I made, which I will be sure not to do again:

1- Not shuffling/ cutting the deck
2- Not exposing the deck after the hand was over
3- Not calling them out about it on the spot
4- Not recognizing the statistical improbability of what occurred
5- Going against my read
and
6- Limping in position with trash
Old 10-24-2007, 06:15 PM

Thanks for your input.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to thank you all for your feedback and insight. This is not a joke post--it did happen. Many of you had valuable input and some of you provided no help whatsoever other than call me stupid. I'm actually a profitable player with the desire to get better each day. I don't appreciate the unnecessary insults--another thing wrong with today's game. If nothing else, let me be 'that guy' that made a $20 mistake which could save you much more. I was naive to think that a 'friend' wouldn't pull this kind of crap, but at the same time when you are dealing with money and the desire to win anything is possible. If anyone has read 'Ace on the River' they would recall an incident where he was cheated and lost his bankroll. Don't let this be you! Here are the mistakes I made, which I will be sure not to do again:

1- Not shuffling/ cutting the deck
2- Not exposing the deck after the hand was over
3- Not calling them out about it on the spot
4- Not recognizing the statistical improbability of what occurred
5- Going against my read
and
6- Limping in position with trash

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf are you going to do if you expose them and caught them?

if these people were so desperate to cheat for $20, they are probably poor and on the verge of poverty. poor people do stupid things, b/c they have nothing to lose. if you pointed out their cheating, at the very least, you'd be bukkake'd like the tattoo girl from the other home game thread that found itself into bbv.

edit: it's really bad that it took 3 people to swindel someone else for a whopping $20