Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 04:14 AM

Default Re: 50nl combo draw

Lead on flop and push if he reraises you.
Your hand is good on flop, but not on turn.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:50 AM

This is a really good hand to Stove.

We're 58% against this range on the flop: JJ-99,AJs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

We're 42% the same range on the turn.

I wonder if checking isn't bad here given how thin it probably is. The flop check-raise might encourage a check behind, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

My initial reaction is to just play it fast, but I'm not sure how much FE we have here and it looks like we don't have a big edge here very often. I would probably lean toward checking the turn, and raising all-in if he bets.

How often does potting the turn take it down? I think that's your key in this decision.

Edit: I missed how short he is. But I'm not sure it changes much. We aren't check-raising to get him to fold, we're check-raising because we aren't folding the turn but we might want to reduce our variance here considering the fact that we don't have a great edge here. If you have FE, potting is a better choice. But I think you have even less FE given how short he is. But really how much FE you have in these spots is the most valuable piece of info.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really good hand to Stove.

We're 58% against this range on the flop: JJ-99,AJs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs,AJo+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo

We're 42% the same range on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So basically no matter what you can fold this hand, even if he pushes allin you are getting the odds to call. What I like here is just shoving, because even though you have alot of outs you are still behind AK, AQ type hands, and with a shove it is possible to get these hands to fold.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:09 AM

What makes the decision easier is to decide whether or not your capable of folding this hand. Im not going to in this spot probably ever, with half villains chips in the pot. That being said turn is an easy push. Push = Fold Equity
checking doesnt do anything except take away that FE because i think its safe to assume villain is probably pushing if you check or might at well be because i doubt hes ever going to check behind. He wont check behind because if your cards hits, which are usually going to be scare cards for him, whats he gonna do fold the river, what was the point of him calling your raise in the first place unless hes on a better flush draw. Push is the only answer for me.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 AM

btw weak c/r on flop