Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 11:43 AM

Default Re: The Übernit

I tryed this for about 2K hands at NL$50 last night. Quite the learning experience. Made me realize how little even NL $50 players pay attention to anything but there own two cards. At one table I folded every hand for almost 7 orbits, finally picked up KK in the BB, squeezed to $8 and still got 2 callers lolz.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I tryed this for about 2K hands at NL$50 last night. Quite the learning experience. Made me realize how little even NL $50 players pay attention to anything but there own two cards. At one table I folded every hand for almost 7 orbits, finally picked up KK in the BB, squeezed to $8 and still got 2 callers lolz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they realized you where trying to use your tight image to pull a bluff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

.. ... ... but there is no doubt that spending too much time here on these forums might give you an impression that pokerplayers are better than they in fact are.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:07 PM

Enough talk.
Watermark or ban [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 12:11 PM

Gelford, if you are going to do another one of these posts, "The TAGfish" would be an excellent topic - I know you spent time recently studying them.

The problem with these guys is that 2 TAGfish with the same numbers can have widely differing ranges, and that can make it tricky to play them on occasion.

Cheers.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gelford, if you are going to do another one of these posts, "The TAGfish" would be an excellent topic - I know you spent time recently studying them.

The problem with these guys is that 2 TAGfish with the same numbers can have widely differing ranges, and that can make it tricky to play them on occasion.

Cheers.

[/ QUOTE ]

aren't like 90% of us TAGfish? that description is pretty meaningless IMO. I think seeing people with tight stats who aren't that clever post flop and lumping them into one category to play against is silly. Find a reg and work out how to exploit them..
Old 11-13-2007, 12:32 PM

"Two Plus Two Fish, TAGfish, Spewfish" by Gelford. Available at finer book stores everywhere.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:58 PM

The Exploitation of The Tagfish.

I do not have much comment as I haven't put much effort into trying to exploit the tagfish. This is imo a 2+2 thing "Yo .. watch as my penis grows for every tagfish I pwn"

The subject does not really belong in this thread, as it really does not focus on exploiting fish (whether you sit to the right of a fish proper and iso-raise practically every hand or you find exploitable tendency in tagfish or lagfish)

A fish is pr. definition just a player you can exploit.

The Übernit is just about getting value on your better hands. With reads you can actually have a larger base of 'value hands' than the pure übernit vs the overly loose players (true fish) and you open your bluffing frequencies, when someone tries to exploit you.

I've been running 14/12 stats at times and yet never had the impression that anyone where trying to pwn my tagfish behind. Basically cos I can protect myself.

And that is the trouble with seeing a player with nitty stats and just going 'ohhh .. he is a tagfish'. There are plenty of things you can do to protect yourself if you are a tagfish, notable 3 barreling for stacks and less frequently checkraising turns all-in (or just flops)

Are you really willing to call a shove from a tagfish ???

Poker really isn't about vpip, but more how you balance. So all is about matching villians range with the board ... is it makes no sense, then it might be time for a stacksized bluff (don't try this at home, but that is the ultimate consequence of playing NAG (nit aggressive) ... you end up doing a fair amount of bluffing for stacks)

LoloItrickedU comes to mind .. he was a good old school powertag running vpip of 16 or so.

But just to sum up, feel free to exploit tagfish, just make sure first that they are of the exploitable kind [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 01:24 PM

great post gelford...
I think this uber nit strat works great at 10NL and esp if you table select well.

there has some talk in uNL about playing more laggy @ stakes as low as 10NL and while I think this has some merit as you move up game condidtions I think should effect youre stlye more than just PT stats that should be ideal.

For example at 10NL on a friday night where you have 2 or 3 players than are like 40 vpip or higher at your table playing a LAG stlye is like burning money IMO cause that lag stlye depends somewhat on FE and in this game you pretty much never have any FE and you dont have to encourage these guys to call thin cause they do anyway
Old 11-13-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LoloItrickedU comes to mind .. he was a good old school powertag running vpip of 16 or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you sure about that?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you sure about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Fairly ... unlike Bld and Samo, he would just nit up a lot of tables, but once he got involved in a pot, then ... (If nothing else, I tend to recall Empiremaker commenting on this in his infamous CR vid too)