Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Blind fight vs maniac....

15$-30$ 6-handed on Pacific poker.

Fold to the SB who just raised about 2 out of 3 hands and bet usualy every street until someone play back at him but he's on the table since only two orbits so very weak read.

he raises and i just call with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he bets.

How do you play the rest of the hand? Raise to protect it or let him bet all the street and just call?

I know i could have 3bet preflop.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Blind fight vs maniac....

[ QUOTE ]
15$-30$ 6-handed on Pacific poker.

Fold to the SB who just raised about 2 out of 3 hands and bet usualy every street until someone play back at him but he's on the table since only two orbits so very weak read.

he raises and i just call with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] in the BB

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he bets.

How do you play the rest of the hand? Raise to protect it or let him bet all the street and just call?

I know i could have 3bet preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Barring anything grim I don't see why you wouldn't call the flop and turn and raise the river. Raising the turn if something like a J or Q hits might be better, I dunno. Depends what kind of maniac he is. If he just doesn't slow down until there's resistance, I call to the river. If he's a super-maniac who will also 3bet any time he thinks there's a slight chance you're making a move, then raise the flop, call a 3-bet, and then raise the turn or river.

Long-term there might be an advantage to raising the flop on the off chance he calls you down with 33 or somesuch and then you show off top pair, but for the hand I like letting him hang himself. The only problem is the board is pretty dry . . .
Old 07-11-2007, 11:27 PM

your either way ahead or way behind, out of position, i would just call down, hes bound to play correctly if you re raise him
Old 07-11-2007, 11:30 PM

or you could reraise the flop, raise the turn, then you should know where your at
Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Long-term there might be an advantage to raising the flop on the off chance he calls you down with 33 or somesuch and then you show off top pair, but for the hand I like letting him hang himself. The only problem is the board is pretty dry . . .

[/ QUOTE ]

Err . . . I meant 44 . . . or 66.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:58 AM

I like raising the flop here against a maniac. There are so many hands he will 3-bet you with here, such as Ax, Tx, KQ, QJ, and hopeless hands like 47s. Not sure about raising flop and turn though, I have trouble making laydowns on the turn 3-bet vs. total maniacs.

Also I would sometimes smooth flop, raise turn but this might get less action, depending on the degree of maniacal rage the villian is at. Sometimes you get the turn 3-bet bluff, which is juicy (but the thought of it can convince you to make bad calldowns sometimes...)
Old 07-12-2007, 07:24 AM

I either just call down or sometimes lead the river.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I either just call down or sometimes lead the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have position, he was SB and i was BB
Old 07-12-2007, 10:01 AM

Sorry, I just caught "thebrain13"'s post and thought you were OOP.

3 bet preflop for sure. Bet every street for value.

If he raises flop, I 3 bet. Any big street raises I just call down.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:10 AM

i dont 3bet this pre anymore A9o is my tweener in this spot, I 3bet it vs some

I call the flop and sometimes raise the turn on fd flops with a blank turn since people calldown with underpairs but id rather do it on A 7 3 than AT3 (and its better if theyre the type that cant stop firing if not met with resistance ie they bet ATC on the turn here on any board). I think call and bet when ck to is solid vs decent players. A true maniac raising the flop and letting him spew is fine as well, I wouldnt pop the turn if he 3bets unless we re talking like the worst maniac ever but then I couldnt fold to a 3bet on the turn.