Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 08:16 PM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

[ QUOTE ]
ok, lets start w/ some uncomfortable positions I find myself in as a nitty TAG 12/9/3...

I find that lately more of the 15/12 regs that have been moving down are calling in position my EP and MP raises. Due to my lack of experience in these spots I find it difficult to play hands like TT-KK, AQ+ on a flop w/ 1 or 2 overcards(TT-KK) or a blank flop (AK)

what do you recommend as the best way to approach these situations.... also how to approach the more favorable flops like no overcards (pocket pairs) or TPTK (AK) in a way to not telegraph the relative strength of my hand

I think I find myself taking the same lines I'd take against a more predictable player (like myself or an even donkier player) and I feel I am being exploited, just simply by the amount of time I am put in uncomfortable spots by the better players

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take notes on players, establish more accurate ranges vs these players. Play accordingly vs these ranges for a basic premise.

I can't stress enough how player dependant this is. Some people coldcall lots of sutied connectors in these spots then bluffraise lots of flops. Take note.

Others, while coldcalling a wide range are playing very honest postflop, take note.

Take into account your percieved range vs thier range. Do you think you can hit that flop? Ask yourself that before you cbet.

Do they float a lot? Can we be c/r'ing turns and taking lots of pots away from them w/ inferior hands after they float and bet turns?

I'll elaborate more later.