Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Default PSA: EVERYONE READ

The state of SSNL lately has been, for a lack of better description, very poor from the past. Yes, we are lacking some of the better regs who once made SSNL a great place. But there are still many things we can change and improve.

Newbies: Read more, post less. Having your advice ripped apart is fine, but asking the same questions over and over without reading gets repetetive and annoying. READ MORE! Think about the hand, think about your analysis and THEN maybe post. Don't post nonsense that will just clutter SSNL.

SSNL has one of the highest traffic in 2p2 in regards to the strat forums. The clutter in here is unbelievable. Some things I ask:

-3 hands per day max. (you starting that is). Any more and it clutters the forum more.

-As stated before, Newbies, please read more. For the love of God read more. I'm not telling you to stop posting completely, but I think that reading more and posting less would really help both you and the regs.

-treat everyone with respect. I am guilty of this at times, and I'll too quickly dismiss what I think of as a dumb idea or statement. SSNL is a friendly place, and too quickly I see we are losing that one trait.

-To the Regs: thanks for sticking around. This seems to be a pretty rough time, with the absence of many of the former regs (not going to list any names, but you know who) that don't post anymore. Sticking around and HELPING us change would be greatly appreciated.

Any thoughts/comments here.

thanks.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:22 PM

Default Re: PSA: EVERYONE READ

FIRST HAHAAHAHA
Old 04-24-2007, 09:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FIRST HAHAAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for reducing clutter.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:28 PM

QFMFT
Old 04-24-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QFMFT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM

it sucks that they wont bother to read this thread because it doesn't say "ZOMG TOP PAIR VS FD"
Old 04-24-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FIRST HAHAAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]
bye.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FIRST HAHAAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]
bye.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

I agree with orange here.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Newbies: Read more, post less. Having your advice ripped apart is fine, but asking the same questions over and over without reading gets repetetive and annoying. READ MORE! Think about the hand, think about your analysis and THEN maybe post. Don't post nonsense that will just clutter SSNL.

[/ QUOTE ]

To add to this, I encourage new people around here to get familiar with the search function. It can be a great tool if used properly, and you can often find thorough answers to your questions if you can accurately locate past threads on similar topics.

To be honest though, I think SSNL is getting alot of unworthy hate. There are several mid and highstakes regs who post regularly in this forum, and for the most part they are consistent, and dead on with their advice.

One thing I really hate to see are one word answer posts. I see alot of "call" or "fold" type posts that really deserve atleast a brief explanation. Seriously, we don't reply to threads to increase our post count - we do it to help OP, and potentially help ourselves. This is achieved by explaining your reasoning as well as you possibly can. In turn, others can spot holes in your thinking and help you, or others will spot gaps in their own thinking and therefore benefit from your advice. What I'm saying is that brevity is of no benefit to SSNL. If you can't think of enough reasoning to back up your one word answer, you probably shouldn't be stating your opinion to begin with.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:40 PM

Yea I'm getting tired of the "omg let me start 10 different threads about 10 trival hands AT ONCE!"

Good post orange.