Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 AM

Default AQ from SB, i 3 bet PF, hit the flop, and still fold

villain is not very good, as in hes way weak/tight/passive postflop. checks and folds a lot post flop, and i havent seen him bet without a hand. his open raising range is pretty large, but havent seen him call a single 3 bet yet.
i felt like such a nit this hand but i cant really see a reason to put money in on that flop....

i had been playing 20/15, aggro postflop, and been stacking guys left and right so my image is pretty solid

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $114.10
UTG+1: $162.80
CO: $27.50
Button: $76
Hero: $364.50
BB: $273.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $4</font>, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $15</font>, 2 folds, Button calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($35, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $21</font>, Hero folds.

ummm thoughts? should i quit after this hand or is this solid?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: AQ from SB, i 3 bet PF, hit the flop, and still fold

i this hand that bad, or just totally unintersting?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 PM

I'd prefer bet/fold. This looks really dumb to be folding imo (no offense) it's just that this is a decent flop for you. Will this villain not bet KQ on this flop? I would bet out. If he raises then you know were you are. This way you get to charge KQ/99 KJ type of hands which he can certainly show up with. I think c/f'ing is way too weak
Old 03-04-2007, 06:52 PM

At least bet/fold flop for $27. If he flat calls u can shut down unless u improve.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd prefer bet/fold. This looks really dumb to be folding imo (no offense) it's just that this is a decent flop for you. Will this villain not bet KQ on this flop? I would bet out. If he raises then you know were you are. This way you get to charge KQ/99 KJ type of hands which he can certainly show up with. I think c/f'ing is way too weak

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i know it looks pretty bad.

but i dont think this guy calls a 3 bet with KQ preflop. and if he can show up with KQ, then he can just as easily show up with QJ/TJ. im also not sure if he would 4 bet with anything - he hadnt yet over hundreds of hands.
and i really doubt he would bet 99 on that flop... i mean anyone who has any poker mental capacity at all would expect to get ch/r'd a huuuuge % of the time on that scary ass board when the PF 3-bettor checks to them, right?

i think his range is 88-AA, AK, AQ very (heavily weighted towards TT-QQ, AK after he bets flop) and i felt like betting would be lighting money on fire. if he checked behind then i would of course fire on the turn expecting to be ahead a large part of the time.

but it still felt ridiculously nitty
Old 03-05-2007, 05:10 AM

not to beat a dead horse, but does anyone else have thoughts on this hand? its really been bugging me
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 AM

Meh, I just bet-fold and shutdown UI. I really don't like inducing bluffs I can't call. Folding out 77 is not terrible on this flop tbh.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:15 AM

you played it fine given flop texture.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:17 AM

Effective stacks are over 150 bb's so his calling range in position should include most pocket pairs and some suited connectors. If he's passive/predictable post flop I guess check/folding is ok because he's not betting worse hands usually. but if you've been three-betting him a lot I could see him getting fed up and firing at this with a low pp because at this point he has no sd value (unlikely but possible). It would definitely look scary as hell if you c/c this flop. This way you see the turn and possibly get him to bluff the flop.

I don't mind the fold honestly I think it's probably good without knowing more about your history with him and image at the table, but I do think his range is slightly larger than you think with deep stacks and position (especially if he has been folding to a lot of three bets thus far, he could be getting frustrated).
Old 03-05-2007, 05:18 AM

if thats the range u put him on, well played