Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 01:35 AM

Default Livid with mywebatm.

The first thing that burns me is, a couple days after registering my checking account, I recieved a solicitation call on my cell phone. The solicitor had my checking account number and was attempting to send me $500 in vouchers while charging me $1.95 (or some ammount) for shipping and handling. I told her i would not authorize her to debit my checking account for any reason and her response was: "It's only $1.95, you cant even get a bigmac for that." After telling her i didnt care and not to debit my account she hung up on me.

Back to mywebatm. Im trying to make an initial $600 deposit on FullTilt and get the 100% bonus. MWA will only let me make $200 deposits. So i have to pay 3 service charges. Since i have to structure the $600 into the e wallet over 3 days i get stuck with a monthly charge on the 1st of the month. Now the 596.05 is in my account and I try to get it onto full tilt. The deposit is declined. I call full tilt and they tell me to do $500 first, then do the remainder. The $500 goes through, but the 96.05 does not. Full tilt says it was declined by the processor because my limit is exceded and give me the mywebatm number (which is not published on their site).

Here's where it gets crazy. I get on the phone with an agent and explain the problem. She says she's had a similar call previously and it's infact full tilt's limit that is keeping me back. I asked her why full tilt would have a $600 deposit bonus if they were only going to let me deposit $500. Furthermore, why would they also tell me that the payment was declined by mywebatm. After the agent admits that the limit on my card must be placed by mywebatm. I asked when i would be able to deposit the rest she says "the next day." When i ask at what time does the next day start, she says "24 hours." Then she says that i should not have made subsequent deposits of $500, then $100. I should have done $300+$300, then i would have not exceded my limit. After several attemts at trying to explain how that made absolutly no sense considering the first deposit of $500 was approved, I asked "can I speak to someone there who has a brain?" and she hung up on me.

So I called full tilt back and complained. They will be adding the bonus manually whenever the remaining $100 comes in.

Prohibition sucks.

edit: in the limitations section of mywebatm's website, i can not find a daily $500 limit anywhere. there is a pos transaction limit of $500, but it can be repeated up to 5 times daily. they obviously have some special restriction for me, but the customer service agent, is not aware of it (or much else), and cant shed any light on her company's operations.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: Livid with mywebatm.

The support for these new debit card processors are monkeys.

No---actually, monkeys would have been better.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Livid with mywebatm.

I think the rep might be correct. I remember seeing threads about FT and their bonus being difficult with certain payment processors because of a limitation they have. If you contact FT support they will work with you, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, has anyone else recived phone soliciation of that sort? I haven't.

It sucks that some people have had problems, but my experience with MWATM has been flawless. I hope you get your issues resolved.
Closed Thread