Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 07:18 AM

Default Top pair and OE on turn

Villain was 45, 2!, 1.4

Everytime he raised up to this point he pretty much had it. I just didnt know here. Thoughts?

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

BB: $100
UTG: $103.60
MP: $79.90
CO: $125.55
BTN: $242.30
Hero (SB): $132.10

Pre-Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG folds, MP calls $1, 2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB folds, MP calls $4

Flop: ($11) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $7</font>, MP calls $7

Turn: ($25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $16</font>, <font color="red">MP raises to $67.90 and is All-In</font>, Hero ???
Old 10-06-2007, 07:32 AM

Default Re: Top pair and OE on turn

Given the odds I hardly every fold here
Old 10-06-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Given the odds I hardly every fold here

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt think so either; I just felt so beat. And the odds werent there if i were beat.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:05 AM

I think this is a fold, you say given the odds, but the odds are offering just over 2:1 and you are almost certainly behind right now.

If he has AK you are dead and that is definitely well within his range. The other hands I put him on are 2pr hands QT/QJ/TJ and with those you are looking at best 13 outs, more likely 11.

The fact you have a read that until now every time he's raised he's had a hand suggests you need to let this one go.

If you bet slightly more on the flop &amp; turn the pot would be a fair bit bigger which would make calling easier. Another line which I'll probably get abused for would be checking the turn to induce a river bluff. If he calls a turn bet then he's pretty much going to be playing for stacks so if you aren't happy about doing that you can control the size of the pot by checking behind.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a fold, you say given the odds, but the odds are offering just over 2:1 and you are almost certainly behind right now.

If he has AK you are dead and that is definitely well within his range. The other hands I put him on are 2pr hands QT/QJ/TJ and with those you are looking at best 13 outs, more likely 11.

The fact you have a read that until now every time he's raised he's had a hand suggests you need to let this one go.

If you bet slightly more on the flop &amp; turn the pot would be a fair bit bigger which would make calling easier. Another line which I'll probably get abused for would be checking the turn to induce a river bluff. If he calls a turn bet then he's pretty much going to be playing for stacks so if you aren't happy about doing that you can control the size of the pot by checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

good analysis. thanks man.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:18 AM

If you bet more on the flop and more on the turn, it's just a minraise and you don't have a decision.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:50 AM

ya bet more on flop, like 9 vs this guy, and on turn when pot is 29, you can bet like 22 and if he shoves its an easy call.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:58 AM

i would usually make is $8-$11 here against this type of opponent. then bet/call turn
Old 10-06-2007, 10:05 AM

I reckon you have 8-13 outs here which is around 25-30% chance (cant remember :S) so its close on a call. Still I prefer to be the last one putting in money so a CRAI would be better then bet/call. Or even C/C depending on his bet size