Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 05:36 PM

Default Re: 200: JJ OOP in Blind War

Did he make quads? 9d would of scared me on the turn since top pair is what we are hoping he's playing on the flop. I don't think an underpair plays it this aggro. I seriously consider mucking that turn.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:44 PM

This is ugly. I raise a little more PF but other than that I would feel pretty lost and probably c/c like you did.
By river I don't know what we beat, but it is also a perfect spot for him to bluff. I think we have to fold river though, as we can only beat a bluff.
I don't think he'd vbet anything less than trip 9's here, and I think he'd bet more if it was a bluff.

Especially against a 31/5 I bet 4-5BB PF, since I know he's coming along with a lot and this little bit extra will narrow his range a lot for how little a difference in $ it actually is.
We really don't want to suck him in too much with only JJ. I like to either take the blind or have him at least give us credit for a big hand so he doesn't think he can take us off easily, since I'm not thrilled about facing big pressure with JJ
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 PM

The more I think about this hand the more i like leading the turn, especially w/ the 2 falling. I think you have the best hand so you make him pay. If raised again you can safely fold. If he calls I would c/c most rivers.

That 9 on the river is sick, I don't think i could call that as played. Unless you think hes the type to 3 barrel w/ middle pair, I thik its a fold.

What did he have, my guess K9?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:52 PM

He had 78o
Old 08-20-2007, 09:08 PM

I see this as an emerging trend at these limits.

They will apply lots of pressure with weak draws against SB cause he thinks you were just stealing. I love this spot with a big hand and an agressive player and look to exploit that thinking.

I think your big mistake here was not pushing the turn HARD. I would have potted it to see where I stand.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They will apply lots of pressure with weak draws against SB cause he thinks you were just stealing.

I think your big mistake here was not pushing the turn HARD. I would have potted it to see where I stand.

[/ QUOTE ]He had a straight on the flop and the second part I quoted is just bad. I could see a fold to a shot on the river though esp. with what hit this time but I mean in general.
Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They will apply lots of pressure with weak draws against SB cause he thinks you were just stealing.

[/ QUOTE ]and the second part I quoted is just bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow......Aggressively pursuing a raised pot with TP on a weak board is bad - eh? If you can't raise into that board in this hand....then you should just fold your JJ OOP always. Silly.