Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: help me become a professional

[ QUOTE ]
another factor that was mentioned in yao's book in terms of teaching sportsbetting knowledge and have not been mentioned yet in this thread is that, sportsbetting is different than poker and more similar to a financial market but on a much smaller scale. therefore, if i teach you poker, the chances of you using the same skills against me is small as there are many independent table games going on at once all over the world and what you do is very unlikely to impact me. however, sportsbetting is different in that all the money essentially goes into a one large dependent pool, therefore, teaching you how to spot an edge to bet will very likely have an effect on the same edge i will have over the same bet, as essentially all books (BM and offshore) are interconnected. since sportsbetting market is nowhere near the size of billion dollar financial markets, in some cases, it will only take a few thousand dollar br for you to affect my edge in some way..

[/ QUOTE ]

FYI, upon the release of my book, I received several comments from pros basically saying: "good job covering some topics but not giving away the store. please don't write a follow-up book"