Moran 40 39.22%
Jerk 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Official NBA Season Thread

who changed my location?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 PM

omg, the eastern conference is so exciting. yipee. so fun to watch. Please start the suns game asap!!!
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 PM

Public service announcement: NBA League Pass offers a free preview during the first week of the season. I did not realize this until my friend brought it to my attention tonight.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:45 PM

Didn't see anything in the thread about Big Al J signing with Minny for 5/$65 million. Kid could've waited til the offseason, but says he doesn't think he's worth the max. Gotta love that attitude.

-McGee
Old 11-01-2007, 10:52 PM

Tonight's game was a good example of why I think the Heat are a lottery team this season. They're the worst team in the league when O'Neal and Wade are both on the bench, which should be often considering how injury-prone they both are. Their offensive chemistry is just awful. Guys like Dorell Wright and Smush Parker aren't content to be role players and they keep trying to take it one-on-one with plenty of time on the shotclock. It's amazing how far this team has fallen from two years ago when they had great role players and played so well as a team.

If Wade and Shaq stay healthy for most of the year, I guess they'll sneak into the playoffs, but not do much more than that.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:02 PM

Durant looking infinitely more comfortable in the first six and a half minutes vs. Phoenix than he did at any point last night.

-McGee
Old 11-01-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tonight's game was a good example of why I think the Heat are a lottery team this season. They're the worst team in the league when O'Neal and Wade are both on the bench, which should be often considering how injury-prone they both are. Their offensive chemistry is just awful. Guys like Dorell Wright and Smush Parker aren't content to be role players and they keep trying to take it one-on-one with plenty of time on the shotclock. It's amazing how far this team has fallen from two years ago when they had great role players and played so well as a team.

If Wade and Shaq stay healthy for most of the year, I guess they'll sneak into the playoffs, but not do much more than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought the heat did pretty well until the 4th qtr when they went cold and played pretty badly , but i liked what i saw from ricky davis and dorell wright (atleast in the first 3 qtrs) , jason williams looked pretty good , mark blount and smush parker where both horrendous tho ...i think this is a far better team than last years , they looked alot quicker on both sides of the court , now its just a matter of time until D-wade comes back
Old 11-01-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durant looking infinitely more comfortable in the first six and a half minutes vs. Phoenix than he did at any point last night.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

Durant plays with a lot of confidence. He's been really good on offense this quarter, though I wasn't really paying attention to his defense.

Looks like Stat has his hops back.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durant plays with a lot of confidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Generally, he does. But while he took a lot of shots last night, he looked jittery, even timid on some. Tonight is a whole different story.

-McGee
Old 11-01-2007, 11:18 PM

Since when is Banks in the Suns rotation? I don't remember him getting off the bench at all during the playoffs.