Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Absolute Cheating

[ QUOTE ]
Just seems with the mammoth greed and the chip-dumping for cashout of small percentage of winnings - does not jive with inside job for me - outside hacker/disgruntled employee are far and away my favourites for this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, let's say it's a newly unemployed disgruntled employee. I can certainly buy that one. My theory is simply that there's a pit boss account being used - it doesn't matter who's using it. Maybe nobody knew the guy had the password and didn't bother to change it after he got fired, or maybe they just never changed that password to begin with because they're Absolute [censored] Poker...it really doesn't make any difference.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why? What else would it need that we would notice?

[/ QUOTE ]
When a suspect player could be playing up to 6 tables - Why would a "pit-boss" be limited to observing 1/6 of the suspect's play?

And surely a super-user "pit-boss" account would track players by screenname, not by table name - thus the lag while changing / typing in table name would not occur?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't need to be purely a pit-boss type of thing, just a development tool that now has a second use. But that isn't the point. The reason it tracks one and only one table is that it's what you do when you have a realtime report of collusion - look at that one table. If you give it multitable functionality as well, the security monkey is just as likely to be surfing around looking at the 1K FT, and that's not what you pay him for; it's also a waste of developer time to program in.

I mean, I agree that this is sort of the weak point of the theory, but if you take the cheating and one-tabling as facts, it's the piece of the puzzle that immediately answers every single question we have, including "why isn't AP even admitting to *any* part of this counting the chip dumping?"

Answer: under no circumstances can they ever even hint that this exists, because it'll never stop being a vulnerability. BTW, now that I've just cracked it open for them, expect it to stay that way.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:14 AM

I'm about 70 pages through this monster thread. I don't know if I'll get to the end tonight.

Anyway, I haven't seen mentioned yet that SUPERCARDM55 was the recipient of 55k of GRAYCAT's money in an obvious heads-up chip dump session on August 30th.

So it appears ROMNALDO was used to take DOUBLEDRAG's money, and SUPERCARDM55 was used to take GRAYCAT's money. There must be other accounts used for STEAMROLLER, POTRIPPER, and whoever else.

It also is worth noting that GRAYCAT was "complaining" about his "losses" to SUPERCARDM55 as they were happening. Stuff like, "omg my luck is so terrible", "[censored] I'm going to lose it all", etc, etc. Again, over-the-top stuff to weakly try to cover up what was really going on.

SUPERCARDM55 had never been seen before -- at least not at the high limits. He played one session two days later, did NOT appear to be cheating, lost some money, and left after about an hour or so. Never been seen again, to my knowledge.

Find out who SUPERCARDM55 and ROMNALDO belong to, and we have our answer as to who the guilty parties really are.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:16 AM

Neither have pokerdb records and I've heard nothing about either of these accounts other than the romnaldo chip dump.

Why am I 100% positive that Absolute has already shut them down and we will never see either log on again?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AF on any steet is calculated by bet % + raise % / call %. How often somebody checks isn't included in the calculation.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks.

i had thought that one of the reasons that the AF is not infinite was that sometimes the river action is check/check.

however, the non-infite river AF must be hands that go push/call or capped/call - right?`
Old 09-22-2007, 01:33 AM

Here is a piece of the puzzle I don't get.

Obviously the cheats know they got caught, either by 2+2, AP or both. Even if AP was not in on it if the funds were confiscated then they are in on it now since obviously they are going to keep it because either:

1. AP let them keep all the money and unlocked their account. This is doubtful since nobody has seen any of the accounts play all week.

2. AP seized all the funds but lied to us about it, keeping a nice chunk of change. Basically this makes them in on it.

3. AP makes some sort of deal with the cheat(s) to keep them quiet.

4. An AP insider was in on it and AP helped to cover it up.

5. AP was the cheat all along.

If AP really did not find anything then why have these accounts not been seen?
Old 09-22-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If AP really did not find anything then why have these accounts not been seen?

[/ QUOTE ]

read the last (edit: 40) posts or so [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-22-2007, 01:37 AM

PA has a great point. Absolute have got themselves tied up in a neat little lie.

If the accounts are never seen again, it is presumably because the players have been banned from the site. If they have been banned from the site, it must be because absolute found them to be cheating.

If absolute didn't find them to be cheating, then presumably they're still able to play.... but aren't. Why would a player capable of winning hundreds of thousands of dollars give up poker like that?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PA has a great point. Absolute have got themselves tied up in a neat little lie.

If the accounts are never seen again, it is presumably because the players have been banned from the site. If they have been banned from the site, it must be because absolute found them to be cheating.

If absolute didn't find them to be cheating, then presumably they're still able to play.... but aren't. Why would a player capable of winning hundreds of thousands of dollars give up poker like that?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's easy. The accounts were banned for "suspicious activity". But that activity did not include chip dumping or hole card cams or anything else specific you care to name. /end
Old 09-22-2007, 02:23 AM

either the accounts broke the rules of the site; or they did not break the rules of the site.

i think it is a binary situation.

while, of course, your hypothetical AP answer is plausible, it doesn't stand up to any genuine scrutiny.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm about 70 pages through this monster thread. I don't know if I'll get to the end tonight.

Anyway, I haven't seen mentioned yet that SUPERCARDM55 was the recipient of 55k of GRAYCAT's money in an obvious heads-up chip dump session on August 30th.

[/ QUOTE ]

DD: do you have the HHs from that chip-dumping session? I spent an hour on the phone w/ Adrian, head of AP "security", who denied that any chipdumping had taken place, said they had concluded their investigation, and cleared all accounts of any wrongdoing (he was an absolute buffoon, though -- I even directed him toward the DoubleDrag/Romnaldo session, and he had the gall to say "oh yeah, we saw that and although it LOOKs like chip-dumping, we decided that it was not")

Note that when DoubleDrag started playing again after he was outed here and was losing on purpose, he was saying exactly the same types of things that u say SUPERCARDM55 was saying in the chat e.g. "I can't believe how bad I'm running, etc"
Closed Thread