Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Default It\'s going to be impossible to protect my hand

Full 40. A couple limps and a raise and then a couple calls and I coldcall Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Gary 3bets in one of the blinds, all call back to me and I make the gambol and cap it. We take a flop 7 or 8 ways.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check to me and I bet, Gary calls, BB c/r all in for 4 more chips exactly, 3 coldcalls behind him and it's on me.

Just typing this out I realize I made a huge mistake in this hand when I played it.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: It\'s going to be impossible to protect my hand

Raise again, whats another half bet at this point? Spike a Queen on the turn.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:42 PM

every single time i read one of your hands i feel like i am drunk, playing online, and on anger tilt - are all your hands as crazy as your posts, or is that just your post selection?

as played i'd just close my eyes and keep raising until i figured out where the real hand is or i won the pot - you're probably ahead of the side pot and behind the c/r but i am sure you already know that, so i am a bit confused what the debate is... hand read and keep raising until A/K hit board and hope you can manage a win with that cheese in an 8 way
Old 09-04-2007, 04:33 PM

3bet and make gary fold 6 outs.

you've really made a mess of this one.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3bet and make gary fold 6 outs.

you've really made a mess of this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I just called the flop in reality and as soon as I was posting I realized that it was a borderline disaster given how huge the pot was. I think he might be correct to call 2 more bets and quite possible that he will but I should have given him the chance to fold.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:34 PM

Since it sounds like your opponents play bad anyway and will chase regardless of the size of the pot, I don't really like the preflop cap. It's not necessary in order to make them continue with cheese if you flop well. Also, I think there is a nice advantage to being able to raise the field if you flop favorably rather than getting checked to on the flop.

As played, I would just call the all-in checkraise and see what develops considering all the callers in between on such a dry board. Certain cards accompanied by certain turn action may allow you to get off cheap if you're crushed and three-betting doesn't really achieve much in my mind.

Jeff
Old 09-04-2007, 06:35 PM

Given that you're willing to cap it preflop, why not just make it 3 to begin with?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:37 PM

Three people coldcalled 80 on a 10-5-3 rainbow flop? Do they all have nothing? Does Gary have nothing? They are all calling the third bet which should provide even better turn odds for them. I don't know, I like a call here and possibly raising if it gets checked to a lag who fires or folding if the turn goes bet-raise since many people slowplay sets on boards like this.

Jeff
Old 09-04-2007, 06:40 PM

Well Gary has 6 outs here most the time and he is the only person in a position where he might fold for 2 more bets.

I'm somewhat confused by Pbob calling this hand a mess because it really seems incredibly standard up to the point where I stopped the hand?
Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well Gary has 6 outs here most the time and he is the only person in a position where he might fold for 2 more bets.

I'm somewhat confused by Pbob calling this hand a mess because it really seems incredibly standard up to the point where I stopped the hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

the preflop coldcall/cap is incredibly standard????

you may have frozen gary with a hand like QQ or JJ with your line. anyone who thinks (i realize there may not be any in the hand) is gonna be totally confused by your line, and may go into a "i dont know what this guy has, but me gots a pair and i ain't folding it cuz his preflop line is super [censored] up" mentality.