Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 03:53 PM

Default fold tp without resistance

both opponents are lp and suck.

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5SB, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB ...</font>
Old 05-10-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: fold tp without resistance

I have started checking/re-evaluating these flops in mw pots. not sure if that is correct given the connectedness of the board in this spot.

As played, I'm thinking we have to lead the turn here, no? if villain's are really LP and suck, they could easily be peeling very lite here. and I want to charge single spades etc. here.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:02 PM

if they are lp and suck that means they have a very wide range when they peel the flop. overcard, backdoor flush draw, backdoor straight draw, etc as well as pairs and flush draws. it's a crappy card for you but you're still ahead a fair amount of the time. bet for value and to charge spades, and fold to a raise.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have started checking/re-evaluating these flops in mw pots. not sure if that is correct given the connectedness of the board in this spot.

As played, I'm thinking we have to lead the turn here, no? if villain's are really LP and suck, they could easily be peeling very lite here. and I want to charge single spades etc. here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the above. In a multiway pot on this board, I strongly consider check-folding TPNK, as the combination of odds of being dominated and fading the enormous reverse implied odds on this drawy a board makes playing on -EV.

As played, B/F turn seems right. Which is another argument for playing the flop passively, as you've now bloated a pot so that it kinda hurts to B/F TP...
Old 05-11-2007, 05:11 AM

I often check to see what's the action here, especially against loose passive opponents.
If they bet I might peal the flop here or raise, but standard play I think is to fold, especially if there are 1 or more callers.
On the turn I'd check fold, IMO many players will actually think that the 8 of spades helped you that way. And even if they don't think that this is a scary board to bluff, if you are ahead on the turn not many players semi bluffs here for fear of a check raise.
If it's get checked, check fold almost all rivers against these players.
Don't be sad for losing throwing away top pair, be happy for seeing so many cards for so little money and J6o.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:36 AM

this is an easy b/f for me &gt; i wouldnt even think about anything then betting the FLop because thats what i always and i havent had bad experience with it but i didnt give this Situation much thoughts