Old 01-05-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: draw poker guidelines

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a-if you would have trips
b-straight
c-flush

[/ QUOTE ]

What was YOUR draw? What do your notes on him say?

You raise pre draw to 1) get more money in the pot 2) limit the field (taking the blinds down is always nice) 3) information as a side benefit

You omitted position on the draw. I’m assuming he acts before you. POSITION MATTERS!!!

OK, he CALLS your raise. Doesn’t re-raise, he calls. 3-way raised pots are very rare, so he’s usually saying “I have something decent but vulnerable, I want to see what YOU draw,” probably 2 good pair or trips (your notes will tell you if he’ll call with just a straight or flush draw).

Post draw tends to be passive unless a hand either improved or was played deceptively (i.e., drawing 1 to trips). Bets (especially OOP) usually mean something.

If he’s tricky (but dumb) he’ll do this move with just unimproved trips reading you for unimproved 2-pair. He’s dumb cause he’s vulnerable, and if he’s tryin to buy the pot but he paid too much for it. (General rule: bigger bets get made on poorer hands for the scare factor. Nut hands WANT the call.) (Exception: he reads you as WT). You may want to call that.

If you assume him typical, then he started with 2 pair, then he’s improved to a boat. You need a great boat to even call (TTT+). Everything less then a boat goes into the muck.

I’d tend to fold this hand without more information (reads, position) for anything less then a very good boat.

Question: Are boats more common then straights and flushed in a raised pot? A raised pot means a starting hand with intrinsic value (2 pair or trips), hands which cannot make a straight or flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty very much, i suposse if the pot had not been raised before the discard a hight flush maybe good enough to call his allin?