N. Coffee 25 58.14%
Espresso etc 3 6.98%
Girly Coffee 6 13.95%
Herbal Tea 2 4.65%
Tea (milk..) 7 16.28%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Bears 2006 Season Thread

I'm not ready to bench Grossman yet. Unless the coaches see something great out of Griese in practice switching right now would not be a good idea. They are about to hit a pretty soft chunk of their schedule and hopefully Grossman can get his confidence back in time for the playoffs.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:54 PM

does anyone here really expect griese to be more accurate?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure. I think they just want someone to come in and be an upgraded version of Orton or something. Just throw short passes and hand off the ball 75% of the time.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if he didn't just throw the ball up for grabs, it would be a good start
Old 11-27-2006, 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see how he could be any worse. Tonight it looked like Grossman was just throwing up the ball wildly hoping for pass interference.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 AM

I've been a big Grossman supporter, but last night was that sick in the stomach feeling. I know Griese is solid, I also know he is a choker and would fall apart in any playoff game.

The biggest problem is that the Bears played well and he just straight gave the game to the Patriots. How long can the defense stand being in a close game making the big play and then sit by and watch as he blows the shot he gave them?

I think at this point I'm more sick in that he regressed tonight. One of the lessons he should have learned from the Arizona game is tha late in the game when your down you don't have to get it all back in one play. That kept costing him against Arizona and against a good team the defense couldn't overcome that.

The real key is that Grossman is the quarterback of the present and future. There is nothing you can do. You can't just quit on him and hope he comes back next year.

They are still much better than any team in the NFC. They are even to slightly behind the top teams in the AFC. Kind of where you thought they were. Not where Dennis Green thinks they were.

So basically the Bears are left in a spot where they will win most of the rest of their games. At least enough to win homefield throughout. Then they will get into the playoffs and I'll hold my breath and wait. When will the blowup come? Will they roll somebody in the first game and then Grossman will blow-up in the NFC championship? Will they work through it and will he then blow-up in the Superbowl? Will they work through it and then he will play great in the Superbowl? Rex is like a box of chocolates...
Old 11-27-2006, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the lessons he should have learned from the Arizona game is tha late in the game when your down you don't have to get it all back in one play.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Ron Turner

2) Why did they kick a field goal instead of going for it on that 4th down? What exactly did the field goal give them?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:48 AM

And why would you punt with 4th and 2 inches at midfield.
Old 11-27-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the lessons he should have learned from the Arizona game is tha late in the game when your down you don't have to get it all back in one play.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Ron Turner

2) Why did they kick a field goal instead of going for it on that 4th down? What exactly did the field goal give them?

[/ QUOTE ]

1)I don't completely blame Turner. Davis was the only deep route, which is pretty much required. Turner and Wade Wilson have been trying to work on it. I just think Grossman likes to be the hero and he thinks that means whipping it down the field for the big score, not calmly driving the team down to the winning score.

2)The theory behind kicking there is simple. On the road you are playing to win, at home you play for the tie. So you have to score twice to win. A field goal and a TD. So you try for the field goal now and come back down for the TD. I would have gone for it, but you have to have confidence in your defense.

[ QUOTE ]
And why would you punt with 4th and 2 inches at midfield.

[/ QUOTE ]
That is purely field position. There is no reason to put your defense at a disadvantage. And they were on their own 45 not at midfield.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the real problem was the 3rd down play that left them 5 yards short of the marker. I think that is a time that you can be a little more risky and throw the ball at least 10 yards - an INT isn't a disaster here, as you are still only down 1 score and the Pats would have the ball deep in their own end.