Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars? More like JOKERSTARS! m i rite?

I think it's madness, but I guess I could see some small argument for it if Button had a stack closer to yours and he was pretty confident you both had aces.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:35 PM

did u mean ak and not aces.... man i don't think u did.... you will look back one day at this thread and laugh
Old 03-31-2007, 03:37 PM

OP- The massive edge in lower SnGs is that your opponents will make mistakes late game. This is when the blinds are highest, and your FE is most important. I have no idea why you want to gamble so much in such early levels, if you indeed have a skill edge over this field. You are behind any pocket pair that calls you, which I'm sure makes up for an edge you get by AQ and AJ that you 'dominate'. Two other hands dominate you, KK and AA; therefore, this can't be good.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:37 PM

... obviously I meant an ace each, cmon now, where's the credit?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are behind any pocket pair that calls you, which I'm sure makes up for an edge you get by AQ and AJ that you 'dominate'. Two other hands dominate you, KK and AA; therefore, this can't be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm BARELY behind any pocket pair and I have worse aces killed, so I really don't think the first counteracts the second. I can count on my hands the number of times I've done this with AK and ran into aces or kings so I don't think that fully counteracts it either. I still say it's +EV. Might not be the most +EV play possible, but it's still a winner.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are behind any pocket pair that calls you, which I'm sure makes up for an edge you get by AQ and AJ that you 'dominate'. Two other hands dominate you, KK and AA; therefore, this can't be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm BARELY behind any pocket pair and I have worse aces killed, so I really don't think the first counteracts the second. I can count on my hands the number of times I've done this with AK and ran into aces or kings so I don't think that fully counteracts it either. I still say it's +EV. Might not be the most +EV play possible, but it's still a winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

70/30 isnt exactly killed

btw i made a topic in STTF linking to here.
Old 03-31-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, so a 52/48 is BARELY behind if you are the 48, but eariler you said you had a MASSIVE edge in the hands where you were like a 54% to win, is 2% is the difference between barely and edge and a massive edge?
Old 03-31-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1 - I'm not allowed to donk around in some small stakes sit and gos if I want to? I have to be playing my A-game at all times? Give me a [censored] break. If one day I wind up donating money to the micro SNG crowd instead of removing money from them, so be it. Won't hurt my banmkroll one bit. That's my perogative and nothing you should be crying about, as you seem to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

so lemme get this right. you create a thread bitching about the riggedness of pokerstars then after all is said and done counter with "well i don't care! i'm a winnning player with a huge br and i can donk when i want to, blah blah blah"

ban
Old 03-31-2007, 04:08 PM

What's the incentive to take so-called small edges early when the biggest edge is late game?
Old 03-31-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, so a 52/48 is BARELY behind if you are the 48, but eariler you said you had a MASSIVE edge in the hands where you were like a 54% to win, is 2% is the difference between barely and edge and a massive edge?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 54% against TWO different hands. Pre-flop, it's hard to get a much higher edge than that, thus I consider it "massive" by comparison.

[ QUOTE ]
so lemme get this right. you create a thread bitching about the riggedness of pokerstars then after all is said and done counter with "well i don't care! i'm a winnning player with a huge br and i can donk when i want to, blah blah blah"

[/ QUOTE ]

One doesn't have anything to do with the other. I bitched because I had 3 simultaneous suckouts on Stars at the only tables I was playing. I did not come here expecting to launch into a zillion page argument about the way I chose to play my AK hands, which is of course what I am now defending. Again, my original sentiment has nothing to do with the course this thread has taken.