Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 06:46 PM

Default 5/10NL Foxwoods yesterday (this morning really!)

Must move 2nd table (had 2 must move tables running last night), but playing with 9 of the 10 players for about 2 hours now.

Game is 10 handed. Villian is older guy, I think a fairly regular guy at these stakes, I think he's middle eastern and we've been chatting for quite a bit now, small talk stuff. Kind of a calling station, we've tangled a few times and I've taken a few hundred net off of him here and there.

Hero (MP3): ~$2900
Villian (Button) : ~$800

Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Folded to Hero
Hero raises to $65
Villian calls
Pot: $140
Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[Not the best flop, but could be worse]

Hero bets $110
Villian calls $110
Pot : $360

[Villian could have anything here. 20 minutes ago almost same situation he called 2 big bets from me with bottom pair with an Ace, then folded on river]

Turn : 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[Getting uglier by the card]

Hero bets $225
Villian calls $225
Pot: ~$810

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[Good and bad. Good it negates if he had 2 pair, bad for diamond draw]

Hero checks
Villian goes all-in for ~$400

[I can beat a J, I can lose to a lot. I have a feeling he might have had 910 or diamond draw, but easily could have dry Jack]

Hero ????
Old 10-07-2007, 08:48 PM

Default Re: 5/10NL Foxwoods yesterday (this morning really!)

I think it would have been nice to have the pot a little smaller so you could bet/fold the river.

For example, bet 100 on the flop, 150 on the turn, and 150/fold to a push on this river, but c/c on a non-diamond river.

As played, given your read on him as something of a calling station, I think you can fold. It looks an aweful lot like a flush. Despite the ~2:1 pot odds, I doubt that he calls/calls/pushes with just top pair often enough to make this call +EV.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:10 PM

you only have about 2 big bets to get it in, from your description I bet more on flop so i can get it in on turn. so i do 150 on flop and then shove the rest on that turn card, a lil overbet but not that bad since you are committed anyway so get it all in if he's willing.

How is turn card bad for you? Unless he's peeling 67 then it doesnt change anything.

As played I most likely just fold the river, I don't think he'd be shoving light there all that often.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:43 AM

That's why I love posting hand histories. One says bet smaller, the other says bet bigger. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

This player was playing any 2 cards, easily could be playing a gutshot, some sort of 9 for open ender, etc. 6 isn't bad, but a 2 of clubs would have been better. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]