Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 06:05 PM

Default Re: 5/10NL Foxwoods last night (this morning)

[ QUOTE ]
c/r turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe, but i doubt he would have fired on the turn. too draw heavy of a board i think to risk given him a free card.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot turn versus the type of player described, the board is way too ugly for a two-thirds pot bet, river is a completely standard check-call.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

can you explain why you think river is a standard check call?

[/ QUOTE ]

ya, this makes no sense to me.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pot turn versus the type of player described, the board is way too ugly for a two-thirds pot bet, river is a completely standard check-call.

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

assumed that villain is not complety retarded the only hand hes actually repping is a flush. We still beat a lot of hands and a lot of villains better hands got counterfeited by the river.
villain might very well turn a made hand into a bluff when he realises its prolly no good. if he used to chase every hand until the river he prolly has learned to do so.
the river is the perfect card to bluff for him.

we are gettin goooood odds....

so... this is a superstandard check / snappcall imo.

i dont play much fr und almost never live but i also dont see how this is important for the hand because IF villain had a set he would have raised somewhere being not even 100bb deep. if he decided to slowplays a set on this board i honour his retardness and pay off...
Old 10-08-2007, 08:15 PM

I play a lot of live FR. I can see a flopped 2pair countered here. He didn't like the river. He called a (small for 5/10 imo) raise here from the btn. J8, 87, JT, T9, T8 all seem fair here. I don't see 76, but it is possible I suppose.

What was your image at the table? You have a decent stack, so you obvy were not playing terribly up to this point.

I think I call it here. And I really don't mind the way you played it either.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
assumed that villain is not complety retarded the only hand hes actually repping is a flush. We still beat a lot of hands and a lot of villains better hands got counterfeited by the river.
villain might very well turn a made hand into a bluff when he realises its prolly no good. if he used to chase every hand until the river he prolly has learned to do so.

i dont play much fr und almost never live but i also dont see how this is important for the hand because IF villain had a set he would have raised somewhere being not even 100bb deep. if he decided to slowplays a set on this board i honour his retardness and pay off...

[/ QUOTE ]

... I don't even have anything to add to this. well done [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kirk
Old 10-08-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Kirk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but you're forgeting the most important part of the decision. his calling range is going to be way wider than his value betting range.

i also think he will very rarely be turning a made hand into a bluff since old guy calling stations don't turn made hands into bluffs and even still it seems pretty dumb for him to try to make you fold an overpair for this small of a bet.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play a lot of live FR. I can see a flopped 2pair countered here. He didn't like the river. He called a (small for 5/10 imo) raise here from the btn. J8, 87, JT, T9, T8 all seem fair here. I don't see 76, but it is possible I suppose.

What was your image at the table? You have a decent stack, so you obvy were not playing terribly up to this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

$65 wasn't that small, standard that night for 1/2 callers, maybe even a raise and take it. $40 was getting 4/5 callers. Probably seen as pretty TAGy, never really limped, almost always raised and bet, but picked my spots. Have bluffed a few times, but never showed any. That is one of main reasons I choose what I did on the river here, because I thought he had me as only playing quality hands, but might have gave him too much credit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

$65 wasn't that small, standard that night for 1/2 callers, maybe even a raise and take it. $40 was getting 4/5 callers. Probably seen as pretty TAGy, never really limped, almost always raised and bet, but picked my spots. Have bluffed a few times, but never showed any. That is one of main reasons I choose what I did on the river here, because I thought he had me as only playing quality hands, but might have gave him too much credit. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

To help on his image quiet, tightish and didn't get involved in to many pots or make him self stand out. The dude was next to me for 4 hours and I had no idea who the hell he was until this thread I just knew he had chips and looked liked he racked up a win.

Standard FW raises
30-40 - lets build a pot
45-55- Let me try to discourage action from the people who know better
60-75 - GTFO of my pot retards
Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 AM

Kirk,

If you pot the turn villain has like $230 left in a pot of $1080. Put him in on the river, obviously. Or just shove the turn.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:15 AM

btw I think the river fold is really really bad.