Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2007, 07:39 AM

Default out of position: outplayed by gamblers

Ok, here is something that happend quite often lately.
(itīs full ring NL25, NL10 by the way.)

To my left sits a player who came to gamble.
He realises that I sometimes fold when I think I am beat.
He now starts to push me off of my hands agressivly.

He cold-calls all my preflop raises.
When I c-bet, he calls. When I second-barrel the turn, he will raise pot-size often. If I donīt, then he will bet potsize. When I donīt c-bet, he will always bet the flop pot-size, and he will bet the turn pot-size again.

Now when I asked other players how to defend, they say something like "Heīs putting in money with the worst hand often, you just value-bet your good hands and youīll get rich."
But that is not the answer.

The problem is, his turn play shows an immidiate profit if I lay down my hand just 51% of the time.
(And I donīt have high implied odds, because when heīs betting like this when his 86o missed the flop and the turn, heīs really not gonna call if I shove.)
Now even if I loosen up a bit, I have a half-decent made hand or a reasonable draw a lot less then 51%.

So how do I tackle his agression?
I found three answers but none of them "feels" right:
1. play for stacks w/ overcards or w/ a pocket pair that makes 3rd pair when flop comes
2. play postflop as normal, but stop preflop-raising hands like AK for value because I donīt have a made hand by the turn often enough
3. accept that position is so powerfull that someone whoīs reckless and has a decent read on me (I donīt like to get stacked w/o a hand) can outplay me by habitualy cold-calling legit raises w/ 86o, and then continuing like described above.

I hope that none of the above is true.

Whatīs your answer?