Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Re: A fair price for this web design?

Thanks for the replies. It appears the consensus is $100/page is too much. I like the structure of the site in the OP, and would like to use it. My content would fit in perfectly (about 12 pages) as well as the pics for the flash on the home page. Let me say they also will be hosting for $25/month. If i give them an offer of $500 soup to nuts,is that fair on both ends? Thanks
Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 AM

Overall, the main difference in price is if you want a fresh brand new design yourself, or if you just want them to lightly modify a template.

If they are using a straight template, I'd probably shoot for $250 or so for the job. If they are actually doing a new design, around $400.

I don't think people realize how long it takes to (a) come up with a design (b) convert it to html/css (c) bug test it to make sure it works in 5 different web browsers.

If you're not picky, a template is fine.

Talentdeficit - could I PM you about web work? I do light php/mysql/html/css and some marketing stuff (seo/ppc), and am looking for some new work.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:00 PM

So to come up with a design for a website and to implement it and to make the text look good... is 150$?

So that's what, 6 hours of work?

I really don't know where you guys get these crazy crazy low prices. If you want a piece of [censored] template website, yes it'll cost you less than a thousand. If you have a real company and a real product you're selling online, please invest some money into it.

If it's a strictly info website, ask yourself if you actually need it to begin with. As for the website given. Nobody is going to argue that it is a typical ugly "done as fast as possible" website. Would I ever put my name on a website that looks like that? No.

So there you go...
Old 08-13-2007, 12:05 PM

I have no idea on what this stuff costs... but it looks pretty cool
Old 08-13-2007, 02:25 PM

You should probably just learn how to use Wordpress and then you can buy a template or use one of the very nice free ones and edit it yourself. It's easy, yo.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I spoke with a web design/developer company. They designed this website http://www.auburngroup.net/ and said they can build a website for me using the same design, for a $100/page (if I provide the content). I know so little about web design that I have no clue if this is a fair price or total ripoff.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a ridiculously easy design. I would't pay too much for it.