Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: WORLD WAR 3

You are really stupid if you think the US or any other country could stop a nuclear attack against them. The best we, or a few select countries can do, is assure mutual destruction
Old 10-22-2007, 02:31 AM

ytv, ur economics class can teach you supply and demand curves, keynesian theory, and all those gdp formulas all they want, but they dont teach you current events so dont try and be a condescending prik.

http://www.starmass.com/en/china_export_countries.htm

stop making up statistics
Old 10-22-2007, 02:33 AM

i feel a hell of a lot better with M.A.D. then i would with any missile defense shield or anything along those lines. it's actually far more reliable - in order for anyone to launch nukes against us, they would have to effectively believe that it would prevent something worse than a nuclear holocaust from happening. i can't imagine too many things worse than a nuclear holocaust that we are going to be able to threaten china or russia with, especially since we are not invading either country like, ever. hence M.A.D. is actually pretty stable.

this wouldn't necessarily apply if an extra-national force or terrorist cell achieved nuclear capabilities, but even those organizations typically have some political aims that are generally not well served by having their countries of origin turned into sheets of glass.
Old 10-22-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ytv, ur economics class can teach you supply and demand curves, keynesian theory, and all those gdp formulas all they want, but they dont teach you current events so dont try and be a condescending prik.

http://www.starmass.com/en/china_export_countries.htm

stop making up statistics

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL your source actually supports my numbers to an even greater margin. Your link says the US only gets 21 of China's exports. Not trying to be condescending, but if you are that blind to the US's place on the World scale and how its going to diminish year by year, then I don't know what to tell you. If were still around in 30 years, China will be ahead of the US in every single catagory you can throw out.

BTW, ive never taken an economics class.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:28 AM

Sort of off topic, but does anyone know what the protocol is if the briefcase containing the nuclear launch codes that always travels with the president ("the football") is destroyed? Suppose a surprise nuclear attack on Washington takes out 99% of the government. Would the surviving military brass have the authority or capability to launch a nuclear counterattack?
Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 AM

YTV, You know what your talking about though. A close friend of mine is a Financial adviser, and it's his job to study analyze that stuff, and he has told me a number of times how bad our economy is going to be in 10-25 years, and how China will be ahead of the US in everything. In many cases, WAY AHEAD. We are also becoming increasingly in debt to China, a large amount of our increasing debt, and i mean LARGE amount, is to China, and Chinese companies.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:49 AM

Can't we all just get along?