Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High

Old 11-26-2007, 03:29 AM

Default High wrappy hand

Ok, so villain here is kind of loose pre but decent enough postflop. I probably have a tight aggro image. Me and villain have been playing a fair bit together, and getting it in kinda light. He's leading flops fairly often, so doesn't necessarily have a huge hand.

Seat 1: miamidex ($995.00 in chips) DEALER
Seat 3: thenizz ($2,736.00 in chips)
Seat 6: Aggistar ($580.00 in chips)
Seat 8: fanboi ($1,371.00 in chips)
Seat 10: sammy234 ($2,067.00 in chips)
thenizz: Post SB $5.00
Aggistar: Post BB $10.00

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to fanboi [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
fanboi: Raise $35.00
sammy234: Fold
miamidex: Fold
thenizz: Call $30.00
Aggistar: Call $25.00

*** FLOP *** [10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
thenizz: Bet $105.00
Aggistar: Fold
fanboi: Raise $420.00
thenizz: Call $315.00

*** TURN *** [3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
thenizz: Check
fanboi: Allin $916.00

Is this a good flop to raise? I mean I guess it depends on opponents leading range, but there are a couple of hands that have me in terrible shape, like AKQJ or JTQK or similar. Still tho I could theoretically be in great shape against lower wrap, but I guess most lower wraps have at least a pair to go with them. Right now I am thinking this might be just a call on flop, not sure tho. I do put a lot of pressure on with a raise.

On the turn I think a lot of players would check behind a big draw, so I think that he would be likely to lead all in with most made hands he wanted to play. I put a ton of pressure on top two with this line, and it would be a tough call with like QJ89 as well IMO. So think turn bet is good. Thoughts?
Old 11-26-2007, 10:55 AM

Default Re: High wrappy hand

This turn is an auto-bet given your line and the rainbow turn card. If the turn comes with a flush draw (that you don't have) a check is also fine. The flop raise is also standard (although a call isn't a bad play if you can narrow this person's range to made hands).
Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 AM

I would play it this way every time against this villain.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:43 PM

If he has a similar hand to yours like a lower wrap draw, you hold a lot of his outs. I get it in here like everytime vs the type of player you described.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Perfect. I expect him to have a hand like a pair and a good straight draw a lot here, and for him to fold to your turn bet.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:18 PM

I like it.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:25 PM

I would be much more confident playing this board as aggressively as you did if I had flopped a pair with the wrap draw.. As played, your turn bet is obviously pretty standard but I actually doubt that your FE is that great; thenizz is from my small amount of experience with him, not willing to lay down draws once he is already partially invested.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM

wp pal.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be much more confident playing this board as aggressively as you did if I had flopped a pair with the wrap draw.. As played, your turn bet is obviously pretty standard but I actually doubt that your FE is that great; thenizz is from my small amount of experience with him, not willing to lay down draws once he is already partially invested.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was my main problem with the hand, the fact that I had no pair. I ahven't done EV calculations but I expect it to make a huge difference. Kinda surprised taht everyone thinks it's good.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:03 PM

It's good from the POV that you should have a lot of fold equity here. Your lack of pair does hurt a lot but you always have plenty of outs when called.