Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 10-14-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Interesting 15/30 river 1

Villain is decent LAGTAG regular (AKQTJs)

Full Tilt Poker $15/$30 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#FF0000">Hero raises</font>, MP folds, <font color="#FF0000">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.66 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.83 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.83 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

check/call, check/raise, bet/call, bet/fold?

Thanks,
DeathDonkey
Old 10-14-2007, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Interesting 15/30 river 1

you are a bastard for posting close spots.

if you check here he should put you on something like A8s/ATs, maybe AQo. i think he should be value betting 44+. he probably should not bet AQ.

all i can say off the top is that c/r is bad. it's between c/c, b/f, and b/c, and i bet b/c is the worst of those three.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:10 AM

first thought is c/c since he shouldn't call you with that many worse hands here that he won't bet for you.
c/r would be bad. b/c seems spewy.
b/f really depends on how light he looks you up if you donk here. I would guess he would call with just about any pair. So its probably pretty close between b/f and c/c. I like to let people bet kq here tho [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you are a bastard for posting close spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there any other kind?
Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

all i can say off the top is that c/r is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is c/r so bad? even good regulars have bad moments where they make stupid crying calls.

I think b/f is bad cuz this donk could be read as a small pair playing wa/wb.

I've played a bit with villain in this hand, but not enough to remember his river tendencies. Do you think he'd be more likely to vb ak than crying call with it?
Old 10-14-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think he should be value betting 44+.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't seem right. From villain's perspective, what is DD's range after he checks the river? What hands in that range is he calling a vb with?

Also, I think this hand depends alot on how we play a rivered fd.... how often do we try to c/r there vs bet out.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:14 PM

Check call. You raised UTG and he RR. If he does not have a legit hand he probably tries to rep one. Only hand I see you losing value from are AQ and AK. You have one A and there is still the chance he does not pay off A high to a donk. I like check call.
Old 10-14-2007, 12:48 PM

He pays off any A and any pair to a river donk here. He will check behind As, and will bet any pair. Him betting this turn means he is always seeing SD. Do you c/c c/r turn often? Against me, he is usually firing 2 barrels with Ax UI because I usually play the flop strong, so I would expect AK-A8s to be in his range on the river, putting us well ahead. He's not gonna bet UI Ax, so I think a donk is in order. Calling a raise cause he could have AJ or KJ, and he will make an occassional bluff raise against a possible WA/WB line.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM

i'd bet call. You shouldn't be good often when raised, but with the flush scare falling he shouldn't be raising many hands if he views you as a good player. And when you do get raised, well, then you call because donk-folding the river is not good for your mental health and also you have TOP PAIR TOP KICKER!

The danger of having AK or AQ (or even KQ which might call) check behind is too high.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:01 PM

id c/r/f, depends on villains value betting frequencies and whether the flush card is going to affect those a lot, but most hands that will call a bet here are likely betting for you and while i dont have all that much experience in the game, i wouldnt imagine ur average 15/30 lagtag would ever fold a pair like ever

so yeah, if hed bet a good ace high or a small pocket pair, id c/r, if he going to check a lot id bet/call, i dont like bet/folding cuz he can def raise you with KJ or AJ, if you get 3-bet after c/ring its a fold against pretty much anyone at 15/30 probly

also while this probably isnt much of a concern in a 15/30 game, there really arent too many hands that you will generally donk here that dont beat ace high, he could make the hero laydown with hands that arent betting

check calling is super weak and your worst option in my oppinion, i think betting is much much better, though id usually c/r