Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 05-06-2007, 08:34 PM

Default 1/2 Commerce hand vs CMO

CMO is a very tough live pro from Minnesota (of course). Tonight he's sort of having fun because he did well when they were playing 2/4 and I get the feeling he is letting off a bit of steam. The game is terrible and playing super tight so he's probably correctly LAGging it up and playing great postflop.

I raise 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP, LAG fish 3 bets, CMO caps on the button. Flop is A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] checked to CMO who checks (anyone donk there?).

Turn K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, fish folds, CMO quick raises...I 3 bet intending to bet any river?

-DeathDonkey
Old 05-06-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: 1/2 Commerce hand vs CMO

first i want to comment on the minnesota thing, thats hilarious
Old 05-06-2007, 09:08 PM

n
Old 05-06-2007, 09:09 PM

secondly i will weigh in on the hand

if we donk here fish prolly reraises, usually folding out the good minnesota guy and leaving us putting in 50% of the pot when we are 36% to win at this point. Turn we'll face a bet most likely and call down, i think its best to check/call to try and get CMO to call to make our draw more profitable.

As played your turn play is very aggro and i like it alot against a very smart player, this line doesnt look like a flush draw at all and will throw him off, he's thinking its weird u donked the king when it hit so him being smart he reraised. Even if he calls u down here it will set him up nice for later hands when u have a hand in this spot, i like the line
Old 05-06-2007, 09:12 PM

I like the play if the turn wasn't a king. But the king seems a really bad card. I can't think of too many hands that would check the flop, then raise this turn, only to fold to a 3-bet. The exception would be if you both knew the fish could have a very wide range, meaning you could be betting the turn with tens here.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:30 PM

i think u have to give up on the river unless "letting off a bit of steam" means coldcapping q5s
Old 05-06-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think u have to give up on the river unless "letting off a bit of steam" means coldcapping q5s

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he HAS to bet any river... In fact, the pot is just about big enough to 3-bet a busted draw here.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:51 PM

what are u trying to bluff
Old 05-06-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are u trying to bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Take what I say very lightly, because while I normally play a very solid/tight game, I can also, out of nowhere, completely blow up in a hand and go off for a ton of money. And these are those types of hands. What am I trying to accomplish?

Well, CMO is certainly capable of bluff/raising the river, so getting a bigger flush draw to fold would be one benefit. It is also possible that even a very good player will have a momentary lapse of judgement and assume anything but a set of aces must be beat and incorrectly fold a hand with showdown value in this bloated pot.

It doesn't succeed often (for me), but sometimes it does. I'm thinking the most likely hands he checked the flop with are a set, a flush draw, or a bad flop for his hand. Now he may have turned a set of kings, but if not, he's hard pressed to call.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:49 PM

Why would CMO check the flop after capping pre-flop? I smell a rat.