Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 06:13 PM

Default greyhawke54 IS \"Razztoberus Rex!!\"

Or maybe "Regina" since I don't know who this is!

It was an epic battle, you missed some truly great poker. That heads-up battle was the epitome of what "heart" means in poker. More to follow...
Old 10-06-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: greyhawke54 IS \"Razztoberus Rex!!\"

Man my face is red for losing heads up... I think I had a 12:1 chip lead at one point and blew it big time. I have very little experience short handed and almost none heads up, so I guess that was kind of inevitable.

And let's admit it, I luckboxed it into the final 3 - I was down to less than 1bb 3 times. Let me make a graph and post that for lols.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:20 PM

swaftjo, better known to us all as RustyBrooks, played an amazing tournament, coming back from the short stack again and again, never giving up, picking his spots and getting lucky when he needed to. His second place finish could easily have been first.

jacksquat97 was our third place finisher - (only top three places were paid) and also played an incredibly strong Razz-aggressive tournament, often chip leader, always making plays happen.

But greyhawke54 is the big story. After three hours, once having less than one small bet at the 1200/2400 level and coming back with incredible patience, nerve, determination and luck, he (she?) finally caught just the right cards at the right time and swept into a 2 to 1 chip lead.

At 6:10 pm it was all over, no time for even one bad beat for the challenger, greyhawk soared to victory!

Congrats, greyhawk54!!

If anyone thinks watching online poker is boring, this match would have convinced you otherwise. Everyone in it played a great, tough game.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:22 PM

It us Rex. Thanks I am mainly a lurker here. I have posted a few hands here and there. I am low limit recreational player. I am however very competitive and want to be the best anyway. Maybe SGSpecials tutoring can help some. Thanks guys it was good to play you.

greyhawke54
Old 10-06-2007, 06:29 PM

RustyBrooks stole my well deserved money finish. 4-handed I mainly stole a few pots here and there to remain around 5000 chips. Meanwhile Rusty won like 3 all-ins getting in bad each time. >

Anyway it was pretty nice and talkative, although I managed to insult Rusty when joking that he was a donkey.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:37 PM

In my defense I got all in about even when I had good reason to expect I was way ahead a couple times... like I think against Greyhawke in the middle of the tournament I was all in with A234 vis A245 - he made a 6, I made a wheel. At least they gave it to me on 5th and didn't make me sweat it.

I actually have one or two hands vs. jacksquat that I might post, that I can't decide if I played badly or magnificently.

And here is my graph:
http://www.rustybrooks.com/poker/razztoberfest.png
Check out the sweet last-place-action - I was in last place until it was down to like 6 handed I think.

I almost missed the whole thing. I came upstairs to take a break from watching the kiddo and noticed that it was going. Oops.

I lost almost half my chips in the first 2 hands I played, one where I made something like 8642A on 5th vs a draw to a 9 and a 9 with a draw to a 7 - the 7 got there. The other I think I might have made a bad fold but it's hard to tell. I felt I was beat and folded after putting in a million bets.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RustyBrooks stole my well deserved money finish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, roggles is our "bubble boy" and I should have mentioned him, one of the chip leaders through most of the tourney, (the lead kept switching around as it is wont to do) and a very savvy Razzer.
Old 10-06-2007, 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It us Rex. Thanks I am mainly a lurker here. I have posted a few hands here and there. I am low limit recreational player. I am however very competitive and want to be the best anyway. Maybe SGSpecials tutoring can help some. Thanks guys it was good to play you.
greyhawke54

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh good! Now I can strew those promised rose petals in your path...

<font color="red">********************

</font>
Old 10-06-2007, 07:59 PM

And man, I don't remember who it was, but whoever it was who told me to fold the first time I was almost all in, thanks. When I get below 1bb I get a tendency to say, screw it, let the cards fall. I had A23 and saw 4th threeway, bricked a J I think, then a K, against 2 opponents with, as I recall, apparent 4 card hands, one of them maybe even a made 8 or 9 or something. I really just wanted to call and get it over with, because what good is like 1/2 bb 6 handed, but I laid it down and came back from the dead.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:04 PM

How many people played?

-ChipsAhoya