Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Florida - Waiting it out?

I think I read every post about Florida poker here on 2+2. I live in the Tampa Bay area and have three card rooms within a short driving distance from my house, the longest of which is HR in Tampa, the shortest is within minutes of my house (Silks Card Room - Tampa Downs).

I'm thinking about making the Silk's Card Room my home base (for obvious reasons), shortest drive time and I have played well in there small tournaments they run.

I realize HR has some wild and crazy games going and I'm probably missing out on some juicy action but, I will not wait around for more than an hour when there are open seats clearly visible. I'd rather give it a couple of weekends and let the mobs of crazy's clear out.

Believe me, I'm really itching to get some money on the table, I just don't want deal with the wait and mobs of people yet. Anyone else waiting it out in Florida?

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-04-2007, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Florida - Waiting it out?

I'm in South Florida, about 20 minutes from Hollywood Hard Rock. It's a pretty rare circumstance that I'll ever go there to play. There's no time of the day or night that you can get a table in less than an hour unless you bribe somebody -- and they do take bribes. The staff is rude and incompetent. The dealers aren't very good. The piped-in music is way too loud. No, thanks. I'll stick with the parimutuels, where the experience is so much more pleasant.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:07 AM

for tourneys there is nothing to wait out, unless you enjoy pushbot bingo, at least over here in miami. i have checked out the structures at hard rock and flagler and both are vig whores with terrible structures.

all they care about is the vig and plenty of folks give it to them.

i walked into flagler yesterday. it is a dump. i asked the guy what their sng structures were. the vig was from 25 to 30 percent and you start with 15 bbs typically. i laughed in his face. he didn't know why. then he excitedly stated that they had a $200 buyin that evening that started with 7 grand in chips/15 minute levels, same vig. i asked him about the blinds. 100/200 to start. i turned around and walked out.

and don't even get me started on the hard rock. f'n terrible.

very disappointing tournament wise.

i may check out the palm beach kennel club. it is a nice facility and they have a 2 story 60 table room(40 on the first floor and 20 on the second).

i'm in search of a place where a guy who has an edge can actually benefit from it. if you find one, let me know...
Old 07-04-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I read every post about Florida poker here on 2+2. I live in the Tampa Bay area and have three card rooms within a short driving distance from my house, the longest of which is HR in Tampa, the shortest is within minutes of my house (Silks Card Room - Tampa Downs).

I'm thinking about making the Silk's Card Room my home base (for obvious reasons), shortest drive time and I have played well in there small tournaments they run.

I realize HR has some wild and crazy games going and I'm probably missing out on some juicy action but, I will not wait around for more than an hour when there are open seats clearly visible. I'd rather give it a couple of weekends and let the mobs of crazy's clear out.

Believe me, I'm really itching to get some money on the table, I just don't want deal with the wait and mobs of people yet. Anyone else waiting it out in Florida?

P [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive been to the HR the past three days and have not waited more than 20 minutes to get on a table. This is the only place Ill play in Tampa. Any place with a timed fee is a joke and I dont like having to get up and leave at 12am. The HR in Tampa is by far the best place to play in the area.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:39 AM

If anything the mobs of people are going to get worse once they realize HR is the place to play.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:20 PM

why this thread has been locked.

This is a thread about the exact same topic, please don't start a new one.
Closed Thread