Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: SB Help - AQs or AJs - Table full of calling stations

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure I agree about about "not being in a great spot". It really depends on the quality of the players. If they are typical home game players there for fun and with some poker knowledge then I think you're in good shape. If they are sharks then you could be put to some serious tests here, trying to decide to call an all in bet with TPTK and up against a draw, a set , or a complete bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look again- you have air on that flop (unless your comment was directed towards the turn play, when you catch a pair?)

The problem is that you could be beaten in two places, possibly dominated, and passive players won't give you a hint until they turn over the cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. For some reason I saw an A on the flop but going back I see that wasn't correct. Early in the tourney I'm probably still going to put out a c-bet though even if I will have to fold to a raise and shut down to a call. At least I'll get some information about my opp.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:58 PM

Check-fold.

C-bet into 5 players here is going to do nothing as you are going to get called by any player with a jack-decent-kick or a flush draw.
Old 05-07-2007, 04:00 PM

Lets look at all the possible bad cards. Any diamond, 4, 6, 7, 9, T, Q , K, not to mention any card currently out there. All these cards could complete a flush, straight or give somebody on a draw a pair. Even with an Ace showing up you could be reverse dominated. Add to this being oop against a big field.

I realize this is a bit of "Monsters under the bed" syndrome, but with 5 opponents why bother. Save your chips and find a better spot.

Once again the nightmare could repeat itself too. Lets say you bet out half the pot, one fold but next guy calls. That guy got 3:1, bad odds for a draw, but the guy after him is getting 4:1 and the guy after that 5:1. So now you'll go into the turn with only 4 opponents and a huge pot. What do you do if a Queen comes off? Lead out and pray? Can you fold if there is a raise? Do you check and see what happens?
Old 05-07-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lets look at all the possible bad cards. Any diamond, 4, 6, 7, 9, T, Q , K, not to mention any card currently out there. All these cards could complete a flush, straight or give somebody on a draw a pair. Even with an Ace showing up you could be reverse dominated. Add to this being oop against a big field.

I realize this is a bit of "Monsters under the bed" syndrome, but with 5 opponents why bother. Save your chips and find a better spot.

Once again the nightmare could repeat itself too. Lets say you bet out half the pot, one fold but next guy calls. That guy got 3:1, bad odds for a draw, but the guy after him is getting 4:1 and the guy after that 5:1. So now you'll go into the turn with only 4 opponents and a huge pot. What do you do if a Queen comes off? Lead out and pray? Can you fold if there is a raise? Do you check and see what happens?

[/ QUOTE ]

This would be better off in a strategy forum. I've said how I would play it. Obv. not 100% of the time and as I said it is table and situation dependent.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:38 PM

wow lol, with that flop and 5 callers just check/fold, idk why u are even considering nething else