Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Sean Taylor Shot at Home

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is the key point here. Whatever else happened, unless the girlfriend is making up the whole story, this is 100% a professional hit and not a simple robbery.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting shot in the groin makes it pretty unlikely to be a professional hit imo (unless they wanted to simply hurt him and not neccessarily kill gim by shooting him in this way). I'm no doctor but the chances of killing someone with a shot to the groin must be far from certain I would imagine. Especially with his girlfriend around to call the cops/ambulances. Obviously not ruling your suggestion out, but this something to consider imo.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So sad, I dont really know why but I was really suprised/sad when I heard this in the morning. I guess I just imagined the whole situation, knowing that people are basically hunting you, willing/wanting to kill you, able to get in your house, and for no reason that we currently know. The police will hopefully find something out, but this looks like it was the work of people that had done this many times before, making Taylor look like he was up to no good at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the key point here. Whatever else happened, unless the girlfriend is making up the whole story, this is 100% a professional hit and not a simple robbery. That, in turn, means Taylor was not clean. It's sad, and I'm as sorry a 24 year old making millions died in the prime of his life as any poker player/NFL fan, but, plainly, this is about something more than a robbery gone bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right, but probably are not.

Either way, leave this crap out of here. The guy is gone now, so it doesn't matter. I hate when people speculate as to why someone was killed. This isn't CSI. The guy is dead.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So sad, I dont really know why but I was really suprised/sad when I heard this in the morning. I guess I just imagined the whole situation, knowing that people are basically hunting you, willing/wanting to kill you, able to get in your house, and for no reason that we currently know. The police will hopefully find something out, but this looks like it was the work of people that had done this many times before, making Taylor look like he was up to no good at some point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the key point here. Whatever else happened, unless the girlfriend is making up the whole story, this is 100% a professional hit and not a simple robbery. That, in turn, means Taylor was not clean. It's sad, and I'm as sorry a 24 year old making millions died in the prime of his life as any poker player/NFL fan, but, plainly, this is about something more than a robbery gone bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not really living up to your title on this one duder.

I don't think we know nearly enough to assume this is a hit. You seem to be suggesting that there's an indication that whoever did it was an expert, but I'm pretty sure that if you're an expert hitman, you don't hit a guy in the groin, hoping to luckbox and hit the right artery, and then leave to let the guy bleed out instead of finishing the job.

We have no [censored] clue what happened, all we know is that it's pretty [censored] sad and hopefully we'll learn more later.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:57 PM

meh, not so sure if it's professional, even with the knife incident...

if taylor was being harassed and really thought someone was out to get him, wouldn't he have stepped up his personal security (guards, alarms, shotgun)??
Old 11-27-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize professional hitmen missed on 50% of their shots and went for the groin/thigh area.

This is a sad moment, because all evidence points to Sean Taylor having really grown up and matured over the last year or so, and had gone far from the knucklehead days of his earliest NFL career.

But there is no evidence pointing to a "professional hit" at all, and no evidence contradicting anything the girlfriend is reported to have said, and any wild ass speculation is, at this point, complete and total conjecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a professional hitman was necessarily involved. In fact, it's much more likely to be people he knew, maybe an old member of his posse before he actually grew up. Some of those guys don't take rejection lightly.

The fact is that when somebody breaks into your house, takes nothing or at least not much ("rifling through drawers"? meh) and leaves a knife on the bed, we aren't talking about a robbery. The guy coming back and shooting him is just confirmation at this point - he likely already knew he was in some serious trouble. If anything, the sad part is that because he was already on probation for gun charges, he couldn't really defend himself and, I guess, didn't have enough security around him to make up for it.

Anyway, enough about this; I'm sorry the guy's dead and it's a sad day for the NFL/fans.
Old 11-27-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also. I am not even a Redskin fan but this is hitting me pretty hard and I don't exactly know why.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think what the poster who said that these players take a super human role in our eyes was spot on. People on this planet die all the time all over the place. But this man was an on the field juggernaut and sometimes we confuse the man on the field with the man off. We still idolize these people like little boys, so when a hero faces real death, even if that hero is not our own, it hurts.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't realize professional hitmen missed on 50% of their shots and went for the groin/thigh area.

This is a sad moment, because all evidence points to Sean Taylor having really grown up and matured over the last year or so, and had gone far from the knucklehead days of his earliest NFL career.

But there is no evidence pointing to a "professional hit" at all, and no evidence contradicting anything the girlfriend is reported to have said, and any wild ass speculation is, at this point, complete and total conjecture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think a professional hitman was necessarily involved. In fact, it's much more likely to be people he knew, maybe an old member of his posse before he actually grew up. Some of those guys don't take rejection lightly.

The fact is that when somebody breaks into your house, takes nothing or at least not much ("rifling through drawers"? meh) and leaves a knife on the bed, we aren't talking about a robbery. The guy coming back and shooting him is just confirmation at this point - he likely already knew he was in some serious trouble. If anything, the sad part is that because he was already on probation for gun charges, he couldn't really defend himself and, I guess, didn't have enough security around him to make up for it.

Anyway, enough about this; I'm sorry the guy's dead and it's a sad day for the NFL/fans.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude,
That is such wild and unnecessary speculation and frankly, stereotyping. Because he was young, black, rich he must have had members of his posse who wanted a piece. He grew up in a middle class family in a good neighborhood with a cop as a father. He wasnt a gangbanger that got lifted out by his athletic abilities. By all accounts it sounds as if Sean was a nice and humble young man. I really hope I am taking your post wrong.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 PM

You're definitely taking it wrong [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

yeah, seriously, my bad for posting this, I'd rather not hijack the thread any further. my apologies.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is all of this speculation really necessary?
Old 11-27-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude,
That is such wild and unnecessary speculation and frankly, stereotyping. Because he was young, black, rich he must have had members of his posse who wanted a piece. He grew up in a middle class family in a good neighborhood with a cop as a father. He wasnt a gangbanger that got lifted out by his athletic abilities. By all accounts it sounds as if Sean was a nice and humble young man. I really hope I am taking your post wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesnt have to be a gangbanger or anything like that. Just a dude who maybe Sean used to hang out with and decided to stop hanging out with and lost it. 2 things dont make a lot of sense and seem to point to an irrational person.

1) Why break in and take nothing, but leave a knife in the bed?

2) Why shoot the groin?

It sounds like a person who wanted to hang out with Sean and didnt take rejection too well. It doesnt sound like the guy wanted to kill Sean because he wouldnt have been shooting at the lower region if he did. He just got unlucky.

I think its the same as the Conan case. I mean look at the priest who was arrested for stalking Conan O'Brian. I am pretty sure no one involved in that case was a gangbanger, but I am pretty sure the guy arrested was nuts and might have hurt Conan if Conan would have told him he didnt want to hang out.