Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing

Old 10-08-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Thremp, whats happening with the bar?

Thremp - Any news?
Old 10-08-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Thremp, whats happening with the bar?

Went to the lawyer today. Should have the LLC together. Have two venues in mind and are talking with both about working a lease out. We hired a well connected kid as the manager to help smooth over any issues with noise complaints etc. (So shady... But so awesome)

Looks like its starting to move forward. I need to familiarize myself with quickbooks and some other items. Doing walk-throughs and other issues are gonna be exciting.

I think we're gonna do an Irish themed bar and make it 21+. Going to be significantly nicer the the average place that is open in the area from initial plans. (This is AL, so the average place is a total dirt hole)
Old 10-08-2007, 11:48 PM

Why bother to familiarize much with quickbooks? Its one of the easiest and cost effective thing to farm out to a accounting contractor to do for you (compared to the time taken as a learning curve with all the other things to focus on when starting a business). I few friends of mine who have small businesses and all originally tried to do it inhouse and it was mostly a mistake and waste of time.

SteveOMS
Old 10-08-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why bother to familiarize much with quickbooks? Its one of the easiest and cost effective thing to farm out to a accounting contractor to do for you (compared to the time taken as a learning curve with all the other things to focus on when starting a business). I few friends of mine who have small businesses and all originally tried to do it inhouse and it was mostly a mistake and waste of time.

SteveOMS

[/ QUOTE ]

Cash biz obv.

We have an accountant as well.