Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: 25 - low set...fold this river?

im guessing you see 1 pair here a lot more than you see 2 pair
Old 11-02-2007, 06:02 PM

phew, just so my name isn't sullied - this wasn't me.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one is giving a good reason to call though other than "We have a set". I understand we dont like to fold sets, I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have done it, but from villains line, I think this is a straight or a flush like everytime. Lets at least give villain a range here before just saying, call and curse if we lose, I think thats terrible. I dont think QJ takes this line, IME this is not two pair often when villains take this line. This could easily be T9, 56, AJss, A8ss, it could even be 88 or JJ. First of all, does a 19/7 even 3 bet JJ? I dont know honestly, so I cant say but Im sure its at least partly in his range. And we all know villains love to slowplay their big hands, so sets and straight definitely are possible. So many times when I see villains take this line it is with a monster hand that wants to get paid off. I think I have seen like 3 villains so far in almost 12k hands that have done this with air fwiw.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i really don't think this is a flush because the fact that it seems obvious that he has a flush leaves a lot of money on the table for him. if he does have the flush he totally misplayed it (because he played it exactly like someone would if they had the flush). that and turn call is heinous given his stack size and calling 6 into a 12ish pot lol. i don't know, i'm going to take an unpopular opinion and say we're good here. if you ended up calling, please PM me the results if you don't mind. i think we're only beat by 910 here, especially if he autoshoved (lol i've done that so many times, a card that breaks your nuts, you instashove while saying "FU IF YOU HIT THAT CALL THIS I HAD THE NUTS GOSIFDNOAINFS!"

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2007, 10:44 PM

Bad villains dont think that a flush is obvious and you will fold to a bet. When they take this line, they are thinking how strong of a hand they have and are afraid you wont bet for them. They do this because they want value on their big hands. I know that he misplayed it if he has a flush, thats what makes him a donk in the first place. He doesnt think about stack sizes either.