Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 11:29 AM

Default 500NL Live: 2 hands from same B&M table -- awkward stack sizes

Sorry for posting 2 hands together, but it's from the same table, pretty close together in time with the same players.

2/5 MGM Grand Detroit, 10-handed.

<u>First Hand</u>
Initial raiser and coldcaller are both pretty good, but will not play big pots without very strong hands. Villain is loose pre-flop, decent post, kind of passive. He just lost a couple of substantial pots -- one was to me when I 3-barreled him on a scary board, and he folded the river very, very reluctantly. He has $350, and I have him covered.

The table has had a lot of action -- when big pre-flop initial raises get called, many behind also call, creating huge multiway pots. I have a TAG image for sure, playing few pots but playing them very aggro.

Hero has AKo in MP.

Preflop: 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $20, 1 fold, UTG+3 calls, Hero raises to $80, 3 folds, Villain (SB) calls and says "I'm on tilt, I'll give you some action" and I kind of believed him, UTG+1 folds, UTG+3 folds.

Flop: 567 rainbow (2 players) ($200 pot) (Villain has $270 left)
Villain checks, Hero ???

<u>Second hand</u>
Same table, same descriptions. Preflop raiser is very tight and solid. I have $200. There are 3 guys directly behind me who are wild loose/passive, and will almost certainly call if I call preflop (and maybe even if I don't).

I'm in the small blind with 99.

Preflop: 4 callers and some folds, co raises to $30, button calls, Hero calls, 4 others call.

Flop: 862 rainbow (7 players) ($210 pot) (Hero has $170 left)
Hero ???