Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2007, 02:49 AM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of you have been wanting this for a long time. Now it's your chance to give your input. Help us continue to make PokerTracker the best solution for today and tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. The information is all out there. It's not so much about hearing what people want but anticipating the market and using your own brain to figure out innovative features. You're not writing an operating system - it's just a poker tracking application.

[ QUOTE ]
The reason of this thread is not to generate hype for a non-existent product. It is to find out what you, the PokerTracker users, want to see in the next generation.

[/ QUOTE ]
I find this very hard to believe.

[ QUOTE ]
There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker".

[/ QUOTE ]
Having used the product, I can assure you that there are no "problems with HoldemManager". Regardless, it's pretty rude to make comments like this about a competitor's product.

There are three problems I can see with Holdem Manager:

- You need to install postgreSQL
- You need to install .NET
- It's a single developer, which is absolutely insane if you're going to support a tracker, a HUD, all sites, AND add new features.

The first is a necessity for any serious database product (perhaps MySQL is a viable alternative). The second enables productive programming not possible in unmanaged C++, and .NET is installed with Vista anyway, so it will be widely available in future years.
The third is a terrible business decision but something that I assume will be fixed going forward.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. The information is all out there. It's not so much about hearing what people want but anticipating the market and using your own brain to figure out innovative features. You're not writing an operating system - it's just a poker tracking application.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's ridiculous at all. Part of the reason PokerAce Hud became so popular was due to fulfilling user requests. I want input from those people actually using PokerTracker. I want to know what they would like to see changed and what they would like to see stay the same.

[ QUOTE ]

Having used the product, I can assure you that there are no "problems with HoldemManager". Regardless, it's pretty rude to make comments like this about a competitor's product.

There are three problems I can see with Holdem Manager:

- You need to install postgreSQL
- You need to install .NET
- It's a single developer, which is absolutely insane if you're going to support a tracker, a HUD, all sites, AND add new features.

The first is a necessity for any serious database product (perhaps MySQL is a viable alternative). The second enables productive programming not possible in unmanaged C++, and .NET is installed with Vista anyway, so it will be widely available in future years.
The third is a terrible business decision but something that I assume will be fixed going forward.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I mentioned earlier, I was not referring to technical issues. I will not discuss the issues I see. I made my comment based on personal experience and in response to a very negative post. I did not mean to make it sound like the software was defective.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:57 AM

Oh and if could please use Sql Server 2005 Express - it's free, extremely powerful, fast and easy to work with.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:05 AM

Please everyone, let's not turn this thread into a pissing match between developers. Anyone who cares about these types of products will figure out on their own which product suits them best.

PokerAce, as to your question specifically. Speed is the obvious need but that's a given. The next issue that comes up frequently for me takes a little more explaining. Right now it's easy to find hands as long as we know what we're holding preflop (or if we know the hand number but that's almost never.) What I want to be able to do is filter out hands based on postflop action. For instance, if I want to see only the hands where the board was paired and I had a four flush on the turn I want to be able to do this.
Old 07-08-2007, 07:09 AM

As for the HUD, check out the free HUD that was released for Full Tilt a couple of weeks ago on this forum. 3/4 betting, and for me even more importantly all the stats broken down in positional based ones. For me the guy nailed how a general HUD summary of a player should be.

What is an expected ETA on this new generation PT/PAHUD, are we talking weeks, months, next year?
Old 07-08-2007, 08:12 AM

Natural language queries for filtering hands, eg "all hands I was in the BB called a steal from the button when SB folded, CR'd the flop and lost the hand"
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 AM

A generic import which,if necessary, adds date and an incrementing time based on date of creation of file.

I am thinking specifically of cakepoker and DGN skins but there must be other small and unsupported sites that offer good value from time to time

Good luck with this.
Old 07-30-2007, 03:35 AM

Not being a tourney player, I have no tournament hands imported into the current version of PT so its making it a little more difficult to properly design the PT3 database schema.

If anyone would be willing to send me a few tourney hands I would greatly appreciate it. I dont care who they are on or what limits. I just need some data to work with.

Please PM me for contact info.

Best regards,

APerfect10
Old 07-08-2007, 09:04 PM

I am not as computer literate as many here, but I have been a customer of PT and PAHUD since almost the beginning. I have had to ask Pat and Josh questions several times and their replies have been timely and concise. Multiply me by thousands and they must spend most of their time on customer support.

I would like to have stats and a filter on "all ins" to find out if they are profitable and how they are played by opponents.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 PM

Maybe I was a little harsh in my comments about PT suport. I guess support could be defined in two ways. If you mean helping people who are not the most computer literate, then the support is by all accounts very good. If you mean adapting and improving the product so your customers are not left wanting new features, then... erm not so good. You can disagree but I don't think people would be wowing over the promised features in HE Manager if PT had been improved over the past couple of years.

I'm glad they are getting round to it though and I think merging with PAHUD is a good move.