fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 01:41 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

this probaly asked 5 times times but can i get some freaking cliffnotes
Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 AM

A thread about some random psycho chick was pretty long.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda off topic:

This is the biggest thread i've seen on 2+2 in a WHILE...what's the record for the biggest thread ever (in views and replies)? THe sad thing is..i've read every single reply!

[/ QUOTE ]

unless like 4 more huge drama bombs get dropped we arent close
Old 05-11-2007, 01:44 AM

The banging chicks from MySpace thread was the longest... I think.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
OK, for people seriously following this argument:

Here is my thought on the convergence of late-street stats. I think we can safely dismiss 100% botting across all accounts because as others have said, these players time out, which is evidence that at lest some of the time humans are playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will post my observations after playing about 30K hands with micro-limit 6-max bots on UB. I suggest to everyone interested in bots - play some micro-limit games because they are infested with bots.

1. bots time out. so your correlation to humans and timing out is not correct. in fact, the bots I've played with time out more frequently than humans.
2. bots tend to act at a certain pace. (LDO - can't believe the programmers don't even attempt to model human click speeds)
3. bots often sit out if you exploit them enough. (owner removes from play?)
4. bots play a lot. log in every few hours over 24 hours, and track the players who never stop.
5. bots tend to stay at broken tables.
6. bots get `tweaked` over days and weeks. you can see the changes in behaviour fairly easily in limit poker.
7. If you find someone always at the table with the bot, and is blocking your exploits, it is either someone else trying to get you to leave so they can exploit, or the owner.

I suspect these micro-limit bots are actually run by the sites to boost player counts etc, because really, who cares about micro-limit anyways? Or perhaps hobbyists who aren't really in it for the money. But a good place to get experience with bots.

I did see a few of these bots playing 25NL full ring (to my surprise), but I didn't confirm whether or not they were in bot mode.

For whether or not Mario jr et al are bots....I just can't believe that someone would go through the trouble of hiring people to click for a bot. Poker sites love bots. Better stats for the site, more rake. They will never ban a bot until it starts costing them money.
Old 05-11-2007, 01:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Kinda off topic:

This is the biggest thread i've seen on 2+2 in a WHILE...what's the record for the biggest thread ever (in views and replies)? THe sad thing is..i've read every single reply!

[/ QUOTE ]

Much longer. I made a remark in ATF about this being pretty huge for a 24 hour period (think it was at about 980 then), and I was pointed to a WSOP thread that made it to 5,000 posts in 24 hours. That being said, it's the busiest one I've seen in the Zoo.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why would anyone get paid $8 to do something they could do on their own and make way more than that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know why, but I know many that have similar situation at work and do not quit. Many people need a fixed salary.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

Hammertime71 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
"They will never ban a bot until it starts costing them money."

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously this is true, but Full Tilt must realize they will lose HUNDREDS (maybe even thousands?) of customers after the word that nothing was done about this spreads. I know numerous people on this thread have stated that they will cease to play at Full Tilt if there is not a legitimate response to this issue.

Hundreds of lost customers = obviously lost money for the poker site.

Which would they rather have, the four bots or hundreds of real players? I would think they would prefer the latter.

Plenty of reason for Full Tilt to ban the accounts, if they look at the statistics and come to the obvious realization that these four accounts are run from a bot like computer program.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:14 AM

The best part about this thread was the slow-motion trainwreck you saw as you read. There were more twists and turns than a novel, and from somebody who started reading when the post count was over 1000, I must say, it could be the greatest thread I've ever read in my life.

The detective work was better than Sherlock Holmes, and more entertaining to read than anything I've read in a long time.

I'm emailing the thread to everybody in my address book
Old 05-11-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
donktastic,

the fact that you think i should be removed as mod just because i'm defending chuck's actions (which are within the t&c) is so LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nation

You have made many posts in this forum and I have read them all. Read mine if you like. You can defend your friend all you like and for that your position as a mod should not be questioned.
I do question your unprofessionalism in your posts. All your lol's sarcasm etc ... should be avoided in a thread such as this. Many of your posts were childish and rude to other members. As a mod you should have a higher standard. I think your reaction to many of the comments only serve to reduce the credibility of twoplustwo and other mods. If I was mangement I would require that improve your behaviour on this site.