Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Default defining PT total agression

I asked this initially in the beginners' forum but didnt' get a response. Since I am playing some full-ring NL right now, I am posting this question here.

[ QUOTE ]
There is a check box in the summary page that excludes preflop numbers from your total aggression factor. You should check the box. Your pfr is sufficient for understanding pf aggression, and the total aggression should only be for post flop. In general, aggressive players will have about a 2.0 to 3.0+ total aggression factor post flop, but lower isn't necessarily bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I looked at this and saw the box "Include pre-flop numbers in Total Agression Factor calculation" was checked. I dont' remember checking the box, so I'm guessing it is checked by default. Curiously, the box isn't included on the help page associated with this screen. Anyway, this is leading to the following questions.

If it is checked by default, then wouldn't most the stats you see posted here normally be that way?

If you uncheck the box (to exclude), then wouldn't that confuse questions and answers related to posted stats, since most people would be looking at that stat as it is normally posted?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: defining PT total agression

I'm pretty sure most people exclude preflop stats for AF.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: defining PT total agression

Ok you made me look. I have never changed mine and its not checked so i guess its not a default.