Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Resteal problem solving (stars 100r)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like 3-betting light too much with these stack sizes. With 12-30BB, you can make a resteal allin or essentially so. With 70-110BB, it is hard for villain to 4-bet, since he winds up playing for all his chips, which is an overbet.

Here, you give villain a possible reraise allin and you have a tricky situation OOP if he flat calls.

I don't think the 3-bet is bad, but I wouldn't do it without a specific reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic reasons for this particular one was the frequency of his LP raises, and the fact that i had a very good reraising image, as the only hands i'd shown down, even with open raises, had been big ones.

Plus this guys 13/10 numbers mean's he raises a fair bit, but almost never calls.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:43 AM

wheter or not some people would do it PF or not
i certainly dont mind it every now and then

we are here now on the flop so we need a plan now

i would basicly c-bet all flops that arent Q-high or 8-High or 4-flush
check raise all Q-high and 8-high and flops
check call a 4 flush board
in case you get called or reraised im done with the hand
in case of a 4 flush board and you check call i c/f a blank turn in case you made a flush i would bet potsize

in case its check check i would c-bet any blank turn
and bet half pot size on a made flush
Old 04-27-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you're 3betting here just to 3bet

also, sizing is poor and so are effective stacks to do this with as you're too deep to c/shove flops, and you're going to end up seeing a turn card a lot with like 4xPSB effective stacks

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur completely, unless of course the button has been thinking it's way too soft in your camp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand why you guys are against 3 betting light. If villian is decent at all his opening range will be fairly wide here (yes, even for a 13/10). Therefore 3 betting light some of the time is +EV by itself.

Btw given the stack size stacks and that you are out of position I prefer a raise in the 3400-3800 range.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not against 3 betting light (if that means having a light hand.)

His PF re-steal was too low for the villains stack size (IMO), and you're still giving him like a tad over 2:1 to call here. I question what the motive of the 3 bet was, if it was to make villain fold I think we need to raise it to like 5k.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like 3-betting light too much with these stack sizes. With 12-30BB, you can make a resteal allin or essentially so. With 70-110BB, it is hard for villain to 4-bet, since he winds up playing for all his chips, which is an overbet.

Here, you give villain a possible reraise allin and you have a tricky situation OOP if he flat calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

The basic reasons for this particular one was the frequency of his LP raises, and the fact that i had a very good reraising image, as the only hands i'd shown down, even with open raises, had been big ones.

Plus this guys 13/10 numbers mean's he raises a fair bit, but almost never calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he never calls, i.e. your objective is primarily to get a PF fold, you still should raise to more than 3k here, no? Unless I'm missing somehting you are giving him 2:1, so unless he puts your range virgin tight, you SHOULD be getting called and playing OOP.

I don't play the $100r, but I assume these players typically understand hand ranges and equity against them.
Old 04-27-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean he almsot never calls a reraise? How can you tell that from the numbers?

Or do you mean he rarely limps?
Old 04-27-2007, 01:59 PM

PAHUD has a stat called "attempt to steal". It's how often someone opens when folded to in CO or BU. Put this on your HUD, and when you're considering a light 3-bet, check that the ATS isn't too low (20's probably about normal) and the VPIP is reasonable.

The fact that he's a 13/10 can mean a ton of [censored] here without that stat.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:06 PM

is there any way to filter this so the % numbers aren't weighted down by all the times someone gets it folded to them CO early in the tourney? I don't really give a rip what thier ATS percent is then, bubble time, yeah, but we can observe that.