Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2007, 05:37 PM

Default pretty gross trips

villain is browerkid. easily one of the best regulars

part of me tihnks this obviously looks like trips. but if i had a bigger kicker i might've jammed over on the turn. so, to him, my hand either looks like MAYBE weak trips, frequently an overpair, and sometimes a big combo draw that i didn't want to gamble nearly 2 buyins on. but even if he does put me on an overpair, would he try to bluff me off it with all draws bricking off?

so i feel like i msut be beat, but at the asme time i think this might be one of those hands where i call and chalk it up to cooler if i lose. he could have a draw and he's aggressive

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $2/$4 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

<font color="black">Hero (SB): $1,081.70</font>
BB: $720.50
UTG: $408.00
MP: $320.00
CO: $453.80
BTN: $411.00

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 (6 Players)
4 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.00</font>, BB calls $12.00

<font color="black">Flop:</font> ($32) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $80.00</font>, Hero calls $58.00

<font color="black">Turn:</font> ($192) 3 (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets $150.00</font>, Hero calls $150.00

<font color="black">River:</font> ($492) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">BB bets all-in for $474.50</font>
Old 06-06-2007, 05:41 PM

Default Re: pretty gross trips

i would call pretty fast
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would call pretty fast

[/ QUOTE ]

reasoning please
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM

Def call. Your hand looks like a mid pair or J. I would have c/r the turn AI though. Also, I think I would have 3-bet the flop to 240 and obv call a shove.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 PM

browerkid is very straightforward, i would muck turn without much thought.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Def call. Your hand looks like a mid pair. I would have c/r the turn AI though. Also, I think I would have 3-bet the flop to 240 and obv call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

if my hand looks like a medium pair and you think i should call, then why crai on the turn?
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
browerkid is very straightforward, i would muck turn without much thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think i can fold the turn. he could have something like a slowplayed AA or AJ that might check down on the river, and i have outs plus obvious implied odds of over a buyin
Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Def call. Your hand looks like a mid pair. I would have c/r the turn AI though. Also, I think I would have 3-bet the flop to 240 and obv call a shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

if my hand looks like a medium pair and you think i should call, then why crai on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

pot is big, deny his probable draws, he might call with worse. but once you get to the river like this, it doesn't look like you'll call a shove that often.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pot is big, deny his probable draws, he might call with worse. but once you get to the river like this, it doesn't look like you'll call a shove that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not entirely sure he'd play a draw this way and even when he does, he has one card to catch and even QTss is a 25% dog to me. so i'm not THAT concerned about letting draws draw. this is especially true if he'll ever bluff off his last 120 bb to me on the river. that is not even considering QT goes broke if an 8 rivers, and any flush draw goes broke if the 8s lands. so overall, i might actually WANT him drawing.

also i don't think i'm ever getting called by worse after i crai on the turn, whereas if i call turn and check river i get many worse hands to put money in.
Old 06-06-2007, 06:04 PM

its stupid to not crai the turn if you're going to induce a bet and don't know where you stand and possibly fold the best hand. i dont know villlain but most tags dont stone cold bluff 200 bbs deep.