Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Ordering Takeout

[ QUOTE ]
how much does the average day cost in food alone for you take out guys?

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast $5-20 avg $7
Lunch $15-40 avg $25
Dinner $35-450 avg $180 (but this is for 2)
Old 11-19-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast $5-20 avg $7
Lunch $15-40 avg $25

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat out basically every meal (2 meals a day max) unless I have just been restocked by my parents with groceries.

As unappealing as it sounds this is basically my rotation:

local Mexican restaurant or other cheap place ($15 max dinner with tip)

Taco Bell
Wendy's

or if I'm around that side of town a combination of Cici's Pizza, Dominos, McDonalds, Burger King.

I really don't think home-cooked food is that much better tasting (like mom's homecooked meals) but to me I'd rather just pay $5 and eat something hot and tasty when I am actually hungry rather than wait 40-60 mins and eat when I'm like absolutely starving.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Breakfast $5-20 avg $7
Lunch $15-40 avg $25

[/ QUOTE ]

I eat out basically every meal (2 meals a day max) unless I have just been restocked by my parents with groceries.

As unappealing as it sounds this is basically my rotation:

local Mexican restaurant or other cheap place ($15 max dinner with tip)

Taco Bell
Wendy's

or if I'm around that side of town a combination of Cici's Pizza, Dominos, McDonalds, Burger King.

I really don't think home-cooked food is that much better tasting (like mom's homecooked meals) but to me I'd rather just pay $5 and eat something hot and tasty when I am actually hungry rather than wait 40-60 mins and eat when I'm like absolutely starving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Serious question: do you have a weight problem?

If not, how do you eat so much crap and maintain a healthy weight?
Old 11-19-2007, 05:54 AM

by being young. I eat at most two meals a day and one almost always consists of fast food / junk food, and I have no prob with my weight

i do take a multi vitamin tho, as i know how unhealthy my diet is
Old 11-19-2007, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Most of my meals are takeout/store bought.

Young bachelor + no cooking ability + lazy ass + too much money

[/ QUOTE ]

well i'm no longer young (33) and i don't have too much money, but i've found if i want to eat well at home (tastes good, not healthy, but this is probably applicable as well), i end up spending as much or more if i just ate out or got takeout, and it takes a while.

i suck at cooking and unless i make some prepackaged crap, it takes a while, and gets pricey, and i usually don't even enjoy what i end up making.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even see how this is possible. $15 at a restaurant gets you a 1 meal of pot roast, potatoes and veggies. $15 at home gets you 5-6 meals of pot roat, potatoes and veggies. Are you like only eating steaks when you eat at home and only eating McDonald's when you go out?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely can attest to the fact that it can actually be more expensive to cook than to get takeout though. I've had some $15 meals for myself because of the crap I had to buy from the recipe.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? This is just crazy talk. Are you shopping at some retarded Beverly Hills grocery store or something?
Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I definitely can attest to the fact that it can actually be more expensive to cook than to get takeout though. I've had some $15 meals for myself because of the crap I had to buy from the recipe.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? This is just crazy talk. Are you shopping at some retarded Beverly Hills grocery store or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends what he already has at home. If he has to buy every single ingredient (eg. salt, pepper) it could add up. A cheap home meal requires a hefty startup cost of condiments and cookware before it becomes cheap. I agree with you though that cooking at home is much cheaper in the not too long term.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:33 AM

very interesting thread this one, me thinks, and i shall add my 2c worth here.

Ive been everywhere on this topic in my life-didnt really eat out at all when married, now eat takeaway basically every night now i am divorced. Takes me an hour to drive home from work, so the 8dollars (australian) it takes to feed myself is a good deal.

I love cooking, but NOT for one!. It is the fucknpits. Takes too long to set up, cook, eat, clean up, etc

Also, it is horrendously expensive to cook for one. Nothing comes in a single serve (except for tv dinners, but i dont consider that cooking). I tried it for a while, and unless you want to cook in bulk and eat the same meal (which never tastes any good reheated) it just doesnt work out.

But, you guys MUST learn to cook, as its great to impress the ladies on a second date.

You cook for them at their house. A 20$ dinner massively impresses them, saves you 100 or so, and then you get to cuddle up to them on their lounge!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Chop onion garlic celery etc, cook beef, drain beef, cook vegetables, add beer and beans and beef, and spices.

[/ QUOTE ]

beer? Please divulge your recipe for those of us in the UK; the only liquid i've ever added to chili is canned chopped tomatoes. Sounds like i need a better recipe.

To avoid a total hijack, I like takeaway maybe once a fortnight, maximum. I'm away in Sri Lanka at the moment and haven't been able to cook a meal in 6 weeks and it's bugging me out. I love cooking.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not crazy talk, it's the talk of someone who owns zero groceries and decides to cook something from a cookbook and has to buy:

- 3 different vegtables (2-3 bucks)
- some dead animals (4-6 bucks)
- 3 spices (10 bucks)
- oil (2 bucks)

When you have to buy all the "bulk" products at one time, it's easily $20. It's not really cheaper until you have a reserve of bulk ingredients and spices on hand. Then it becomes dirt cheap relative to eating out.