Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Post if your wife is pregnant

[ QUOTE ]
Dear 2+2,

I am both incredibly happy and incredibly nervous to announce that my wife is pregnant. The second trimester begins either today (Monday the 29th) or tomorrow (Tuesday the 30th), depending on how you count things. So, the official due date is in May, but we're inducing around 38 weeks (April 25th).

After Allan's stillbirth and a subsequent miscarriage, we're officially "high risk" now, so we've had a lot of appointments, including 5 ultrasounds so far. The little one is *very* cute [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. At the last ultrasound appointment, the technician was nice enough to hit the 3D/4D button .. wow, that stuff is simply amazing!

Like Ken_AA, we got a fetal doppler monitor for peace of mind. We also got a KickTrak, an awesome little device that helps with kick counting. I don't really feel like preaching here, but I'll just mention that good scientific research has shown that kick counting reduces the risk of stillbirth.

As they say on the internet,

LET US GOGOGO [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-poin/michael

[/ QUOTE ]

Poin, that is some of the best news I've heard. Congratulations!