Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: skier well

[ QUOTE ]
I've got a couple questions that I would love to hear your answers to.

First off; What are your thoughts on the major differences is MSNL games ranging from 2/4 all the way up to 10/20? From my limited experience and observation it seems like there is just a smaller and better player pool with less fish the higher you go and that you need to be able to exploit other good players leaks as you move higher rather than just preying on fish. Obviously table selection is huge too. Would you say this is accurute? What might you add to this?

My other question is, regarding the difference between Stars and FullTilt. What are your thoughts on any general diferences in how the games play between the two sites and what are your thoughts on the player pools for 3/6 and above for each site? (if you are comfortable sharing)

[/ QUOTE ]

As you go higher, you are right that the player, and fish, pool goes smaller. However, even at 2/4 you still play with a lot of regs and the regs get much much much better and put ou in way tougher spots and are way more aggressive. In the 2/4-10/20 range the hardest jump is easily 5/10-10/20. Sure you have to exploit regs, but you gotta make less mistakes too. Game selection is important, but as you move up you're going to need to get less picky as there are less tables.

I think full tilt is generally softer, but it can be the other way around at times.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Tell us your own background along with poker background. Age, where you grew up, did you go to college etc.

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

im 20 and im from near jasper alberta, canada,

[/ QUOTE ]

the ice in the Jasper hockey rink/community center is perhaps the best ice ever, but wtf is up with the elk strolling around town? Cool place to grow up imo.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:53 PM

when you were at 1/2 what was your biggest leak/issue?
Old 11-16-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

getting it in too much when the other guy wanted to. not value betting enough
Old 11-16-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

getting it in too much when the other guy wanted to.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have this leak too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], how did you combat it?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have this leak too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], how did you combat it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the leak you described - I think - but if you (skier) would give an example that would be great.
Old 11-16-2007, 11:44 PM

Nice well.

Can you discuss the flop/check-raise? I'm having a hard time finding boards to make this move as a bluff.

p.s.
Hopefully the weather is better in Praha, you didn't miss much in Amsterdam, late fall isn't the time to see Europe.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand the leak you described - I think - but if you (skier) would give an example that would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty opponent dependent, but things like when that nit, or even TAG raises you and you have top pair, you can just fold. sure he migggght be bluffing, but usually he isn't. Ask yourself if this really is +EV.

I mean you can't just be a complete nit, but against a lot of people you have to be. Just be willing to give people credit unless they make a habit of it.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For different lines you have to make some assumptions, but I would assume there are 3 here.
1) shove
2) 3bet small
3) call and get it in on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

so we are getting it in on brick turns as far as #3 goes. 1 is pretty self explanatory, but what about 2, whats the purpose of 2 and do we obviously call a shove at this point?
Old 11-17-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For different lines you have to make some assumptions, but I would assume there are 3 here.
1) shove
2) 3bet small
3) call and get it in on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

so we are getting it in on brick turns as far as #3 goes. 1 is pretty self explanatory, but what about 2, whats the purpose of 2 and do we obviously call a shove at this point?

[/ QUOTE ]

the small 3bet allows you to leave room for villian to rebluff and allows you to bluff smaller as well. This is especially useful with a strong draw since just shoving forces smaller draws to fold but if you 3bet small they can still shove thinking they have FE.