Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:29 AM

Default Playing a big pot with a weak AAxx.

5/10 PLO live. I pick up AA82r in EP and limp.
MP raises to $35, and gets a couple callers. SB makes it $200, and the BB cold calls. Effective stacks are $2600.

SB is pretty drunk, so I expect him to have any 4 random cards here. BB is a nit, and a fairly good player. Pretty sure if I repop, SB is going to get it all in with me although someone else could have better aces, or even my outs which would crush my equity.

Does anyone do anything but repop it to $1000 and call a push?

(I have 0% fold equity on the SB, he's doubling up or going broke)
Old 09-13-2007, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Playing a big pot with a weak AAxx.

If you're 90% certain that SB is repopping, then you should be fine to repop. The only danger is that BB may decide to get involved, and most of the stuff he'll want to get involved with will have substantial equity in this 3-way coup, especially if SB turns over a hand with an ace in it. In any case, repop to $1k is the right move.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:51 AM

Repot. You know SB is going broke here, and if BB has AAxx as well, that's fine, you still have the overlay of the SB's money, also BB could cold call w/ worse if he feels he has good implied odds against SB's hand, and BB shouldn't know you have AAxx here...until you repot.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 AM

definitely repop/shove. You will definitely get your money in good against SB, and BB may make a bad fold or a bad call.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:48 AM

You should repop AA82r if you are pretty sure that pot will be heads up. Your hand is plays well heads up, but it not clear favorite in multi-way all-in. One suit or better side cards would make repopping must.

You can fold your dry aces if you think this will become multi-way pot if you raise and you want to control variance. You do not really have pot equity edge in multi-way pot.

Heavy action pre-flop often suggests that your one or both of your set outs are dead.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should repop AA82r if you are pretty sure that pot will be heads up. Your hand is plays well heads up, but it not clear favorite in multi-way all-in. One suit or better side cards would make repopping must.

You can fold your dry aces if you think this will become multi-way pot if you raise and you want to control variance. You do not really have pot equity edge in multi-way pot.

Heavy action pre-flop often suggests that your one or both of your set outs are dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know you can get it all in heads up before the flop, then repot. You definitely do NOT want to play this hand in a multi way pot as your hand isnt very drawy at all. Basically in order to feel safe in a multiway pot you need to hit a set and its likely another player has AA too. There's cases where I would even fold this hand. No, I am not a nit, but if I know there will be multiple callers I know I am going to need to hit big on the flop or fold.