Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-13-2007, 07:36 PM

Default Razz - Thin value bets on 6th and 7th

What do you think about 6th and river here?

Razz ($5/$10), Ante $1, Bring-In $1,50 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (3.30 SB)

Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.65 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

6th Street - (4.65 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (6.65 BB)

Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets

Total pot: (6.65 BB - $66,50)
Old 11-13-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Razz - Thin value bets on 6th and 7th

Yeah I would still bet here on 6th since you have 2 of his 3's, and since he just called I would still bet on 7th.

I'm still trying to get better at razz, but why did you just call his completion on 3rd? Did you just call to just disguise your hand?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 AM

I think 3rd is atrocious (edit: meh, maybe not *horrible* but definitely at least pretty bad), 6th is extremely standard, and 7th is not remotely anywhere near close to thin
Old 11-14-2007, 12:47 AM

why is third atrocious? Because he didn't raise? I can't see folding this.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why is third atrocious? Because he didn't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

-ChipsAhoya
Old 11-14-2007, 05:18 AM

ATROCIOUS.

I think raising here every time is not optimal.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:53 AM

On the one hand it's atrocious because you are so far ahead of his range, but on the other hand it works out because you get him to make a mistake on 4th calling when he hits a K w/out proper odds - sklansky would be proud...
Old 11-14-2007, 08:09 AM

i know other posters have said this, but RAISE THIRD. villain could have anything given his position and by just calling he gets the chance to outflop you on fourth.

maybe your just calling because you know villain has the following tendancies:
1. he only raises with 3 good cards
2. he will call on fourth when you catch good and him bad (given the fact there was only a single raise on third)

therefore by just calling third you enable him to make a mistake on fourth ( which actually happens in this hand).

however at 5/10 i suspect he does semibluff on third, hence you should re-raise him.

6th is good. i dont know about 7th, but probably good also.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. he will call on fourth when you catch good and him bad (given the fact there was only a single raise on third)

therefore by just calling third you enable him to make a mistake on fourth ( which actually happens in this hand).

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I hear an echo?
Old 11-14-2007, 10:00 AM

I only call because I will sometimes call with a T down too. If I always raise with 3 low cards and always call with a semi-bad hand I am giving away too much information.

I try to play unpredictable on 3rd and 4th. Jesus, how can you guys all say that it's atrocious to not raise here. There are many table dynamics at which I don't like raising here.

It can pay off a lot. An example is this: I like playing semi-bad hands very aggressively, so when I play a good hand weak a poor-hand reader will often bet into me the whole way with only like a made T on the river