Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 01-05-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: tptk vs 2+2\'er

Check and fold. Would villain be able to bluff w/ a hand like KJ/KQ here?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I say at worst, chop chop. Or you have him out kicked. KQ nieborhood.
I don't feel you should be scared of a set because of the call on the turn. If he made a set, you would have gotten rasied on the turn, especailly with another player behind on that board. Either way, it's going to be show down on the river. You pay him off if he hit 7's or 5s. Poorly played set in a 3 way pot on the turn if that.

[/ QUOTE ]

why does a set raise on this dry board? hero is committed to a push on the river w/ tptk and raising loses value from BB.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:19 PM

The turn is not that dry when you have a 3 way pot with one player calling for pot odds, the only drawing hand is the srt8. A set would definatley raise on the turn, if not the flop. For this reason, he is unlikely have a set. It's slim, it would be a poorly played set offering no protection. Most people see flush draws but why not srt8 draws. That's the worst card he could have seen on the turn with it being 3 way next to a 10 thru Q turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The turn is not that dry when you have a 3 way pot with one player calling for pot odds, the only drawing hand is the srt8. A set would definatley raise on the turn, if not the flop. For this reason, he is unlikely have a set. It's slim, it would be a poorly played set offering no protection. Most people see flush draws but why not srt8 draws. That's the worst card he could have seen on the turn with it being 3 way next to a 10 thru Q turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

God you're clueless.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:36 PM

WOw! There is something terribly wrong with some of you. I feel like I'm in a poker game.

What's the question here? why does a set raise on this dry board? The board is not dry. My favorite hand could be in there, 68. A set has to move any kind of str8 draw. For the hero, he's lucky it wasn't in there. Like I said, chop chop at worst. I don't see a set being played that way. BB definately did'nt have a King. Maybe 10's or JJ's.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WOw! There is something terribly wrong with some of you. I feel like I'm in a poker game.

What's the question here? why does a set raise on this dry board? The board is not dry. My favorite hand could be in there, 68. A set has to move any kind of str8 draw. For the hero, he's lucky it wasn't in there. Like I said, chop chop at worst. I don't see a set being played that way. BB definately did'nt have a King. Maybe 10's or JJ's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this board IS dry, just because there are some random OESDs doesn't mean it's not "dry". It's a raise pot FFS, 68 is hardly a concern. With a taggish image calling with sets against people like you who refuse to believe that you wouldn't raise a set on a board that contains some sort of possible straight/flush draw is money. Just like in the other hand where you overbet the turn and committ yourself to price somebody off of a "draw." What happens when somebody plays a set cagey and you committ your stack drawing dead?

And FYI, 68 got there on the turn.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:55 PM

It's possible for a set, but I still doubt it. Only a fool would just call the turn with a set in a 3 way pot with that texture. 68, now that is definately just a call on the turn. Where's the results! Get this monkey off my back or keep him on!

BTW, 68 spades o yeah baby! My favorite hand. It would have whoop some cheeks! Like your Aces for not pricing me out. Your stack is mines!
Old 01-05-2007, 07:05 PM

[Quote]Just like in the other hand where you overbet the turn and committ yourself to price somebody off of a "draw." What happens when somebody plays a set cagey and you committ your stack drawing dead?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I play Live action, not online. I never get married to a hand. I may play it strong, but I can surely throw it away just as easy. And I rarely put my self in a "drawing dead" situtation. You'd be suprise. It varies.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's possible for a set, but I still doubt it. Only a fool would just call the turn with a set in a 3 way pot with that texture. 68, now that is definately just a call on the turn. Where's the results! Get this monkey off my back or keep him on!

BTW, 68 spades o yeah baby! My favorite hand. It would have whoop some cheeks! Like your Aces for not pricing me out. Your stack is mines!

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha I can't stop laughing. Whos gimmick account is this, seriously? No way is this a real account. That would just be too good to be true.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:52 PM

If the third player to act is a fish, his hand range is stronger. If the third to act is a nit or otherwise decent player, its weaker. Also depends on whether or not you're one to fire second barrels here often. I mean, its not a bad board to fire a second barrel on if he floats with underpairs to the K.

I don't think a hand like 64s is out of his range here either.

regardless, its an obvious river check. Whether you call a bet or not depends on what he does, the timing reads, and the rest of the factors in the hand that you didn't mention in the OP.