Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

Please say it was Yosh [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yeah you need to draw 2 with that 239, I mean he drew 2 and you are in position so there isn't a lot of downside. Owned on the end obv.

-DeathDonkey
Old 11-13-2007, 04:18 AM

These are from last Wednesday. I played this guy HU for 2 hands because I accidentally posted BB. I was stuck bad but not bad enough to play some guy that sort of knows how to play HU. I sometimes wonder if stuff like this just leads me to be delusional/results oriented or if I'm actually as genius as I think I am. Yes I realize I had the best hand in the first one probably but that doesn't really matter.

first hand:

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: 5 BB

second hand:

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (2 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB
Old 11-13-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (4 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

ya dont think he folds to a flop bet more than 1 in 9?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:36 AM

i think he folds the flop a ton, the problem is that all the hands he folds are the ones i dont want him to fold. if he somehow made me fold the best hand here i would be astonished but if he did good for him because he has absolutely no reason to believe im doing something other than being retardedly trappy or much more realistically trying to get to the river cheaply. i honestly cant remember the last time i did something like this but it felt pretty right at the time and im still pretty pleased with myself. i feel like the best overall developments in my lhe game recently have resulted in me causing people to do what i want them to do while doing what they dont want me to do which is obviously great. fwiw if i have like 66 here i probably bet but 88-99 i like what i did because i am giving very few 6 outters a free card

btw why are the songs "how far we've come" and "thrash unreal" so good?

also i almost folded to the river 3bet in this hand before i took into consideration [x] online poker:

PokerStars 15/30 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 9s Jc (one pair, threes).
Hero has Kd 3s (three of a kind, threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

along similar lines i played the following hand in the 60 at commerce this weekend:

fold to sb, i inform him that i play because a couple weeks ago i was winning money so i thought it would be a good idea to quit chopping. he is tight and not really great and raises, i call with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
he checks i check

turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he checks i check

river K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
he bets I call and lose to quads. i can't fold because there is some possibility that he thinks ak/aa should be played like this so that makes me think maybe i should have raise/fold but if he 3bets i dont know if i can fold bc i may convince myself he would 3bet ak so i think playing it like this was fine.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:59 AM

I played a blind battle today that got checked down to the river and on the river I made the second nuts and my opponent bet and I called and mucked. Probably a bad call.

-Michael
Old 11-13-2007, 06:06 AM

yeah hands where people decide they dont want to win money are really fun. he didn't need the two bets on the flop two bets on the turn and three bets on the river apparently. only an extra $600 he failed to extract, not a big deal in limit holdem to miss value like that. the best hand i ever saw gary play in the oceans 40 i think he raised the button, bb 3bets and gary calls. flop qqx bb checks gary checks, turn k check check river ace bb bets gary thinks a long time and folds an ace face up and bb shows quadzillas.

on the subject of quadzillas i just got it in pf with 88 in 1/2 nl and was up against ak that spiked an ace on the river. fortunately i flopped quadzillas.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 AM

let it go on record that the mike in these hands is not me.

when were you going to tell everyone you quit school sean?
Old 11-13-2007, 08:52 AM

im not sure i like hand 2. hand 1 is more standard than you realise.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:55 AM

"i think he folds the flop a ton, the problem is that all the hands he folds are the ones i dont want him to fold."

you want him to fold K9 and stuff. you want him to fold. you also want to bet the flop for metahand reasons. meta hand stuff is more important hu than in any other game.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:49 PM

Friday night Bellagio $15-30. I started off playing standard TAG at 8:30pm. The game loosens up by 10pm and so do I thanks to senor Newcastle. I degenerate to LAG then to lagtard, and finally full blown maniac, after about the 15th or so Newcastle. At about 4am a nitty asian(really) local who plays really bad and passive arrives. He is immediately put on tilt by my showing down a hand that I can't remember, but its some piece of garbage I had decided would make for a good pf raising hand. I do distinctly remember raising pf at one point with 82o, but can't remember if I won the hand.

Anywho, asian nit is BB and folded to me in the CO. I raise with J9s, which I would have done at this table anyway, sober or not. Folded to nit who calls. He checks a A75r flop. I bet, he calls. Turn is a 6 completing the rainbow. He checks, I bet, he calls. River is a brick. He checks, I wave the white flag. He turns over J6.

A bit later, he has moved to the seat two to my left. Folded to me OTB. I have A10 and raise. He calls in the BB. Flop is 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he calls. Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he calls. River is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. He checks, I bet, he calls. I announce "no club". He rolls over 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

It's truly amazing I cashed out +1260.
Closed Thread