Default 10NL - AJ vs likely frush

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Button ($5.90)
SB ($4.90)
BB ($8.50)
Hero ($11.50)
MP ($16.10)
CO ($16.30)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.3</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($0.75) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.4</font>, Button calls $0.40.

Turn: ($1.55) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $2.1</font>, Hero calls $1.10.

River: ($5.75) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3.1 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $8.85
Old 07-26-2007, 02:11 PM

Default Re: 10NL - AJ vs likely frush

Remarkably similar to this hand.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&amp;vc=1

Slightly different line from villian, but flop texture and situation is very close.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:34 PM

push turn
Old 07-26-2007, 06:49 PM

It's a close call for me... Too many hands you still beat in his range and you could have induced a bluff if he decided to semibluff JhT on the turn or something.

I prefer pushing the turn, but this is ok, because if he's drawing to the flush you might stack him more often.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 PM

You're getting nearly 2:1...like people were saying in cubase's thread, there are other hands besides the flush that could do this--KT, QT...T8, TT maybe...I think you're getting good enough odds to call. It depends a lot on villain's AF--do you have it?
Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 PM

Come on guys. The turn miniraise is never anything but a flush.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree
Old 07-27-2007, 07:17 AM

I agree that this is very likely to be the flush. If he had more behind you can stack him if you make the nut flush or the straightflush and this is a clear call. But with these stacks a fold is probably best.

Something I'd like to share though:

Villain could also have 9h9x, JT, TT, AK, AQ, AJ, KQ (yeah, bad), KJ, air... On that turn. A lot of this is a lot less likely after he minraises, but I seem him do it sometimes... Here's why:

On the flop villain does not beat a lot of premium hands and is not likely to make a big draw to fold. All he knows hero is only cbetting. If he is not folding he can raise or call. Since hero is in the lead, hero's range will not be different on the turn if villain just calls (compared to the range on the flop). In hero's eyes villain has folded a lot of hands, but called almost all his draws. Therefore villain has a great opportunity to bluff if a draw completes and he just called the flop. He might also improve on a turn that doesn't complete the FD or SD or might find hero giving up because he was just cbetting.

Therefore IMO it's sometimes good to just call the flop (being villain) on a flop like this if you have some piece of it, because you have a lot of bluffing-outs and might have the best hand all along. Then if a draw completes raise like would would the real thing. Just make sure you have the goods when you take this line more often than not.

When I first read this post I thought the minraise might indicate a play like this, but that's just paranoia [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Probably most of the time...but when I'm holding the A of the suit...I push turn.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Probably most of the time...but when I'm holding the A of the suit...I push turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this.