Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: The NL kids who short stack omaha now

[ QUOTE ]
Short-stacking does not change your flop equity , all it does is make getting it in light on the flop correct more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't really true though. In multiway pots, just the fact that someone will usually flop a made type hand and someone else a draw, the made hand can often bet the draw hand out, cleaning up your own draws, or the strong draw hand can bet out the 2 pair hand, allowing you to win with 2 weaker pair or even one pair if his draws miss.

As an example, say you c/r all-in preflop with KQQJds. You are against AK76ds that duplicates both your flush draws, only better, and JJT8 from the third guy. On a flop of JT4 rainbow, the JJT8 puts pressure to fold the other guy, and opens up the two queens as outs for you as well as opening up 2 back door flush draws.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:47 AM

rolf slotboom wrote the book on short staking plo
Old 11-17-2007, 10:48 AM

luck123 seems to to do well at shortstacking plo. buys in for 8k does afew flips
Old 11-17-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Those who hate shortstackers don't understand the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
The game is what the game is. It isn't what any prescriptive ruleset says it is, and it certainly isn't what you want and perhaps imagine it to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if i hate shorstacks because they make me and other people at the table play differently than if they weren't there, and in many cases make me win less money, I only hate them because I don't understand the game? Also if sites allowed you to sit with 0.1bb, would that be cool with you? It would all be part of the game of course. What if they only allowed 100bb or more?
Old 11-17-2007, 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]
The game is what the game is. It isn't what any prescriptive ruleset says it is, and it certainly isn't what you want and perhaps imagine it to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

so if i hate shorstacks because they make me and other people at the table play differently than if they weren't there, and in many cases make me win less money, I only hate them because I don't understand the game? Also if sites allowed you to sit with 0.1bb, would that be cool with you? It would all be part of the game of course. What if they only allowed 100bb or more?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to prove your point or mine?

Don't hate the player – this is well known. But also don't hate the game. Be one with the game. Then you don't beat the game, you simply find that it pays well.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shortstacking in omaha is much less effective.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is incorrect
Old 11-17-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:
shortstacking in omaha is much less effective.

i'm pretty sure this isn't true. there's a lot of people making a lot of money doing this.

tc

im not saying people can't do it very successfully. but a shortstacker can never have as big of an equity advantage in PLO as compared to NL.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be a jerk, but you are wrong and you dont understand what a short stacker is trying to do
Old 11-17-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't hate the player – this is well known. But also don't hate the game. Be one with the game. Then you don't beat the game, you simply find that it pays well.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? i can hate the player if i want. fu
Old 11-17-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? i can hate the player if i want. fu

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think poker is for you... but you are definitely for poker. Sit at my table any time.
Old 11-17-2007, 01:07 PM

shortstacking omaha well is more effective than shortstacking NL well in general.