Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 04:59 AM

Default is neteller stable for non-US customers?

After the recent problems neteller has had with the DOJ, does anyone think their company is stable outside of the US? Would you US players reopen a neteller account with a foriegn bank account if you had the chance? I recently became a first time neteller account holder, as a french/us citizen I was able to open an account. Is there anyway I could get in trouble by the US gov for having an acount? Ty for any insight you may have.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:40 AM

Default Re: is neteller stable for non-US customers?

Would you US players reopen a neteller account with a foriegn bank account if you had the chance?

helllllllllz no
Old 05-28-2007, 07:03 AM

I still run a Neteller account and it is working fine. I checked the accounts and they are OK. It's not where I keep my life savings but I think it is pretty safe.

The payment problems for US citizens are a reult of your government not Neteller.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:56 AM

I still use Neteller but I don't leave substantial balances on there for very long. Lately it's only used as a wallet to transfer from one site to another, but I will be using the new ATM card when it arrives.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you US players reopen a neteller account with a foriegn bank account if you had the chance?

helllllllllz no

[/ QUOTE ]

F neteller
Old 05-28-2007, 12:22 PM

Its not just the US problem it's now Canada, and Turkey. The only question is who's next.
Old 05-28-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still use Neteller but I don't leave substantial balances on there for very long. Lately it's only used as a wallet to transfer from one site to another, but I will be using the new ATM card when it arrives.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i always used it for. i was amazed when i heard people had large amounts of money just chilling out in there.
Old 05-28-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i always used it for. i was amazed when i heard people had large amounts of money just chilling out in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never left large amounts chilling in neteller... I let it get up to around 2k and took 1500 out to my bank. I still got cought with 2500 in it and its killing me now.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:20 PM

Citizenship is generally irrelevant for all online gaming and e-wallet issues. Residency and current location are what matter.

I think the risk of losing funds in Neteller is very high. The number of ways non-U.S. depositors could lose their money is limited only by your imagination.

I've written about this before. Search on my user name and "Neteller" if you want the long version of my opinion.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:22 PM

I could not find it StellarWind maybe a link would help.

I don't agree though. As a UK citizen, in the UK, protected by the FSA, with a government that is not trying to stop me playing poker online, with the deposits in trust accounts and with Neteller's own accounts showing they have their own cash I feel very safe. The US problem is the DOJ not Neteller.